16 // True Colours Aren't Always Pretty

Midoriya quickly became public enemy number one as people were trying to find partners. I watched him frantically try to find people to join his team in the fifteen minutes he had of getting himself together.

I notice a crowd of people surrounding Bakugou and even from this distance he seems lost. I see Mina stood near him and I have a feeling that I'm going to hear all about this later. Everybody seems to want to team up with Bakugou and Todoroki, but poor Midoriya has nobody.

Or he didn't until Uraraka showed up. 'I don't like him' my ass. He also practically gets attacked by that pink haired girl from before. She seems... interesting.

I see that Todoroki's teamed up with Iida, Yaoyorozu and Kaminari. What a mix. I'm surprised that Iida's not teamed up with Midoriya, they're always together. It makes sense though, Todoroki is more reliable at this moment in time, they don't know if they can trust Midoriya's quirk.

Present Mic announces that the event's about to begin and I spot that Midoriya has added Tokoyami to the team. Bakugou's picked Mina, Sero and Kirishima out of the bunch of people. Good luck, Mina. You'll need it.

The race gets off to a rough start with everybody going after Midoriya. It's hard to make out what's happening in all of the commotion around them but they're suddenly in the air. Must be Uraraka with the help of the pink haired girl, who Akamine playfully nicknames 'Gadgets'.

It's really hard to tell what's going on honestly, so I try to focus on Midoriya and his group, but they're getting attacked so often that I can't keep up.

Suddenly Bakugou flies through the air to try and swipe the band, but is quickly stopped by dark shadow. Damn, that quirk is really something. It's practically unbeatable. I watch as Sero brings Bakugou back in with his tape like he's fishing. It's quite funny honestly.

I then watch in awe as some asshat from class 1B steals the band off of Bakugou like it's nothing. I notice that a couple of words are shared between them and Bakugou looks pissed.

On the other side of things, Midoriya and Todoroki are now having some kind of stand off. It's hard to see what happens but it doesn't last long as everybody gets electrocuted by Kaminari.

It takes me a second to process but I realise Todoroki's reasoning for picking these people. They're all useful. Iida's quick, Yaoyorozu is defence and Kaminari's attack. It's very well planned out. Something that an old friend of mine would've come up with. Todoroki then freezes the remaining opponents.

Damn. This guy's strategy is fool-proof.

Meanwhile Bakugou's still at it with that kid from class 1B whose quirk is basically copying other people's.

During this, Todoroki has formed some kind of ring out of ice, trapping Midoriya's team in with him. They suddenly shoot forward, Iida's doing I'm guessing, and Todoroki snatches the band off of Midoriya.

Panic washes throughout the group and Midoriya goes to punch Todoroki. I swear for a split second Todoroki uses his fire. I'm quickly pulled away from that when it's announced Bakugou's stolen two bands off of that prick from before.

Todoroki clearly panics and by doing so he loses one of his bands to Midoriya. It doesn't do much though because he grabbed a band that only had 70 points on it.

Bakugou's flying through the air, Midoriya is trying to get to band back and Todoroki is trying desperately to protect it.

"Time's up!" Bakugou smacks into the ground face first and Todoroki's team is still victorious, but it turns out Tokoyami managed to grab another band, meaning they just get into the next round. All three of the teams I cared about successfully made it to the next round.