17 // Fight Fire With Fire

Actually got around to drawing Akamine, so if you haven't see that it's in chapter 3 where her hero costume's described.
Also fuck why are people actually reading this ahhhh thank you all so much for the attention!

"You all did great!" I yell as I burst onto the scene. My class are sat on a big table in the dining hall and most of them have finished eating and the lunch breaks about to be over.

"Yeah!" Mina says. "I can't believe I've gotten this far. Anyway, where've you been?" Oh yanno, just eavesdropping on my classmates after getting lost and then pacing up and down a corridor because I desperately want to help but I also can't help because I'm not meant to know. Even if I was meant to know, I'm not sure what I would do.

"Oh I just got caught up in something. Anyway, how was it for all of you?" I swiftly change the topic of conversation and listen to the responses I got from most of the class. Ironically, the leaders of the teams that got through are incredibly quiet. Bakugou, Todoroki and Midoriya don't respond to me at all.

The class makes their way to the stadium to watch the recreational competition and I get myself lunch. I finish just as the competition does and we wait for the main event.

I sit down in the class seating area, ready to be joined later and I watch in confusion as all of the girls are wearing cheerleading uniforms and I'm honestly not sure how that happened.

The final event of a head to head tournament is announced and mutters break out throughout the crowd. The first big thing to happen is that Ojiro drops out of the competition leaving us all stunned. Followed by Shoda from class 1B, who are both quickly replaced by Tetsutetsu and Shiozaki.

The lineups are announced and I look to see who my friends, well my friend, and classmates are up against. Midoriya's against Shinsou, who I realise is that purple haired dude that threatened the class not that long ago. Bakugous's up against Uraraka. Christ. It's Mina vs Aoyama. Not too bad. Tokoyami vs Yaoyorozu. Iida vs Hatsume. That must be Gadgets. Kaminari vs Shiozaki. Kirishima vs Tetsutetsu. Todoroki vs Sero. Poor Sero.

I'm probably going to miss some of these fights because I'm going to try and help people who've just fought.

The weird games continue and a lot of the class vanish in prepartion for the main event. The time flew by and it was Midoriya vs Shinsou before I knew it. They seem to be talking and then suddenly Midoriya is just walking towards the edge of the ring. I hear Ojiro curse. It must be that other guy's quirk. Then when he's at the very edge he just snaps out of it. What? What just happened? After a short shove and push match, Midoriya wins.

I go off to go find Midoriya to congratulate him on his win and I'm stopped in my tracks when I hear a voice around the corner from me.

"You disgrace me, Shoto." Endeavor. That ass. "You could've crushed both the obstacle course and the cavalry battle if you'd used your left side. Grow up and stop rebelling like some petulant child. Remember your duty to surpass me. Understand? You're different to your brothers. You're my greatest creation."

I don't even catch what Todoroki says in response because I'm too busy planning out what I'm going to do. I keep making up scenarios in my head about how I'm going to stand up to Endeavor and swoop in and save the day. But it never comes because 1. I'm a complete pussy and 2. I come face to face with Todoroki.

He seems stunned to see me standing there and all I can do is gingerly smile at him. No words are shared between us as he brushes past me but I wish I could've said something. I suddenly remember it's his fight next.

"Good luck!" I yell down the corridor. "I'm sure you'll do great! Just remember that it's not up to him!" He haults and stands still for a second before muttering a quiet 'thanks' and continuing.