28 // So Maybe She's Not Okay

Panic. I've never felt panic like it. Seeing my sister, my one remaining family member get pulled out of a pile of rubble, I felt my heart shatter. The world around me crumbled as she didn't move.

With Endeavor's help it was a lot quicker. He was able to move the larger pieces that kept breaking Akamine's metallic structures, making it a lot easier. I pulled her onto my lap the second I was actually able to so she was lay across my knees.

There she was, unmoving, blood dropping from her head, no sign of life even present in her small, frail body. My sister.

"Aiko." My words laced with anxiety as my skin crawls with pure fear. "Aiko? Come on wake up! Please be okay." I press my ear to her chest and quickly overwhelmed as my heart drops and leaps into my throat all at the same time.

Ba-dum.

I've never felt relief like it. What a damn roller-coaster. She's alive. I can save her. I have to. She's all I have. I've left my entire life behind to protect her from everything. She's all I have.

"What do we do now?" I turn to Endeavor, desperately looking up at him, pleading for him to have some kind of answer to my problems. I'm so lost, my mind's racing and every possible solution I'm coming up with is either too far fetched or too dangerous.

"The medical professionals will be caught up in the commotion and I don't see any nearby." He looks at me like that's meant to mean something. Like yes, thank you for telling me there's no actual way for me to help my dying sister, I really appreciate it.

"So?!" I yell at him. "That didn't answer my damn question! What are we going to do?!" I can hear my heartbeat and the world around me is spinning.

"I have to find my son and you're under my care whether she's here or not." He motions towards Akamine, who is basically useless at this point because she's just crying and muttering "sorry" repeatedly. "So you're going to have to bring her with us." Are you taking the piss?

I have to carry my half dead sister through a burning city to find your son who just fucked off and left me? What a great way to spend my day.

Endeavor doesn't say anything else and just turns his back and walks away, expecting us to follow.

"Argh!" I cry out of frustration. "How am I- What am I- Ugh." I can't get my words out because my voice keeps breaking.

"Do you want me to-"

"No." I cut Akamine off. "I'll carry her. She's my responsibility." I adjust myself so I'm crouched down before lifting myself and her up. "What are you waiting for?" I snap at Akamine. "Go after him, we can't lose him." She gives me a stiff nod and runs off after him.

I struggle to keep up with the pair but I refuse to hand her over when they ask. They're basically sprinting and I'm going at a brisk jog. Aiko's heavier then she looks, okay.

They've suddenly stopped and Endeavor yells something but I can't quite make out what. When I've gotten to them, I look over Endeavor's shoulder, which is a task in itself, and see the messy scene before me.

A group of pros stood with Todoroki and Iida whilst Midoriya, a dead Nomu and the hero killer himself are  stood only a couple of metres away from them. The hero killer starts walking forward, chanting bullshit about Endeavor being fake.

His actions are enough to make my blood run cold. His terrifying glare and equally scarey ideals are enough to make him a monster honestly.

"K-Kiriko." Complete shock washes over me as I look down to see Aiko, her eyes are open but one is sticking due to the blood from her head. "I-what.." She tries to speak.

"Hey hey." I cradle her like she's a baby. "Don't say anything. Save your energy." She goes to look in the direction of the hero killer and I swiftly move her head in my direction. She doesn't need any more trauma on top of this experience.

The hero killer has completely stopped moving. He's just stood there, like he's be paralysed just before he collapses. All of us are dumbfounded, but I have bigger problems.

My arms are aching and I can't carry Aiko any longer. My arms hurt too much, I can feel the muscles begin to give up on me. I gently place Aiko on the ground and kneel next to her, planning my next move.

"Hara!" I look up to see Todoroki running across the street towards me, noticing Aiko in my arms. "What happened?"

"She uh, she got crushed by a falling building." I press my lips together as I feel the tears sting my eyes. I push my hands to my face just as the tears begin to fall.

"Hara.." His normally deep and cold voice is soft and caring as he rubs my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me. He's got an awkward air about him but he's trying his best.

A pro comes over and tells us that professionals will be here shortly but it does nothing to help me.

"Hey, it's okay." Todoroki mutters softly. I don't know what I'm doing and I honestly couldn't care less. I suddenly stand up and wrap my arms around Todoroki. He seems shocked by my sudden contact, but hugs me back. He's trying his best to comfort me so of course he isn't going to push me away, but to my surprise he deepens the hug.

His strong arms engulf me and I rest my head on his chest as he rubs my back. I try my best to calm down but it's too fucking much. Deep breaths and counting to ten aren't going to save me here.

"Kiriko." I look down at Aiko who seems to be fading in and out of consciousness. "You'll... you'll be a great hero." She then completely passes out and I push my head back into Todoroki's chest. I can't do this.

The familiar sound of an ambulance rings out and pulls up. I instantly pull away from Todoroki, and with the help of Akamine, we tell them what happened. They do some very quick testing before putting her into the back of the ambulance where me and Akamine join her.

The ringing of the siren is enough to drive me insane, but after today I'd probably go insane anyway. This can't be real. This has to be some kind of horrible bad dream that I can't wake up from.

This can't be reality. Please. It can't be. I won't let it be. No.

Please.