Chapter 12

A/N: wow I'm so amazing posting two nights in a row...jks it's just because last chapter was extremely short so I thought I would indulge you in another. Enjoy:)

The light flooding in through the window accentuated the deep blue walls which were new to me. My eyes were a blur for a few seconds before I could read the old band posters on the walls. The Vines, The Smiths. Just then, someone mumbled sleepily besides me making me wake up to my surroundings. I suddenly remembered where I was. Alex’s house. Wait, what time was it? Looking at the amount of light visible from his window I was guessing it was about midday, Saturday.

Slowly, as not to wake the sleeping beauty my head was resting on, I stood up. The shirt which I’d borrowed off Alex fell down and rested high on my thighs and I noticed it was the same top I had at home with the band ‘The horrors’ on it. God, they were good. Snapping back to what I was originally doing, I crouched down to reach my phone in my satchel but didn’t manage to do it very well. I stumbled on the strap and went crashing down to the floor. Quickly, I looked over to Alex where he still lay fast asleep on his bed. I couldn’t help but notice how innocent he looked. His hair fell over his face in dark strands that accentuated his irresistible looks. I wonder what he was dreaming about. I smiled to myself remembering yesterday. Bringing my hand up to my mouth, I traced my lips as I remembered how Alex captured them. Did it actually happen? He kissed better than anyone I knew. Maybe that came from experience, I didn’t know. And then after that…oh god, how he made me feel.

I pulled my bag onto my lap and grabbed out my black iphone. Quickly, I saw that I had about ten missed calls from mum and around five texts from her all saying something like ‘where the hell are you?’ ‘I’m worried, please call me’ ‘Luanna, I know you’re eighteen but don’t do this to me’. Sighing, I sent her a quick text saying that I slept around Alex’s and that I would be home soon. After that, I checked what the time was and yep, I was right. It was twelve thirty.

Just then, something in the corner of my eye caught my attention. I thought that I’d seen it before. As I got closer to the wall were it was stuck up with tape, I actually did recognise it. I was of me. Me when Miles and Alex were around my house for my birthday. I was sat on one of the garden chairs in my back garden smoking one of Alex’s Marlboro cigarettes. I remember him taking it without me knowing because I was looking at the ground. Alex must have secretly taken it because I remember that one of the pictures had gone missing when he’d left that day. The day that he left me heartbroken.

Just as I was about to turn around, two strong arms slipped under mine and wrapped around my waist making me squeal in fright. “Just me.” Alex chuckled at me because he’d made me jump.

“Knob.” I said, turning around in his arms to face him. Jokingly, I swatted him on the arm and then quickly pecked him on the lips. As I pulled away, I saw his smile and it was like he’d just won gold in the Olympics. “My mum was kind of having a heart attack that I didn’t come back home last night even though I’m eighteen now so I just had to text her…”

“Did you say where you were?” His voice was husky and low because he’d just woken up. His eyes were not fully opened making him look rather adorable. And his hair…oh his fucking hair. “Lu?”

“Hmmm?” Mumbling, I noticed that he’d actually asked me a question but I was too busy checking him out that I hadn’t heard him. He chuckled deeply making me blush. He knew what he did to me and I think he liked it. He liked it a lot.  

“I love it when you do that.”

“What?” As I spoke, he looked deep into my eyes, hanging on to every word that fell out of my mouth. His large but gentle hands were still fixed on my hips lovingly. We were acting like we’d been in a relationship for a long time. Wait, I didn’t even know if we were in a relationship. What were we?