Start of the end

Park Jeongwoo woke up and saw Yeongue and Junghwan looking at him in worry. He immediately stood up as he remembered what happened, "Where is Ruto?"

Junghwan shook his head softly while Yeongue sighed. The pianist crouched to meet Jeongwoo's line of sight, "He left, Woo"

"No, no" Jeongwoo grasped Yeongue's hands in horror. He looked up to Junghwan, "He, He is planning to get himself killed." He stared at Junghwan's guilty expression and his eyes widened in realization. "You knew about it, Hwannie?"

Junghwan bit his lips and nodded. Jeongwoo stood up from the couch and grabbed Junghwan by his shoulder, "You knew and still let him go!? He has a gun shot wound on his darned stomach"

"Do you think Junghwan can stop Haruto, Woo?" Yeongue reasoned making Jeongwoo froze. In the three days that he was with Haruto who was focused on tracking down the culprits, he learned of the japanese's capabilities. Certainly, Junghwan would not be able to stop him even if the swordsman is wounded. Yeongue sighed and added, "Besides, if Haruto had not gone out, it'll be his family that would cut him down. A Watanabe can never make fault"

"What's with that idiotic thinking?" Jeongwoo snapped, eyes lighted with rage. "What do they take life as?"

"Exactly. Outdated means should remain in the old times" a familiar voice agreed making the three of them stare at the door. Mashiho smiled at them as he was seated on the wheelchair pushed by Junkyu. "Thank you for staying with Haru, Jeongwoo. I knew I could trust on you"

"Did you know this would happen, hyung?" Jeongwoo asked, he noticed the aura of silent wrath that Junkyu was exuding. His normal gentle demeanor replaced by mien of a demon out for blood. "Did you know that this would happen?"

"I didn't. But, I expected it." Mashiho chuckled slightly as he admitted. Junkyu's rage intensified even more. The man sitting in the wheelchair swore he heard his lover mumble something about teaching him a lesson but he dismissed it immediately, deciding to tackle that problem later. "Three weeks ago, I received a letter. A threat. It was supposed to be sent by Watanabe Akito"

"I know that name. Haruto cried when he knew that Akito is not the one behind it but somebody using his name"

"I thought so. Akito was Haruto's younger brother and was assigned to be a samurai of my cousin, Hikari-san, the one supposed to be the next clan head if I was not born. When I was five, I was poisoned but instead of me dying, it was Hikari-san who died."

"A Watanabe can never make any fault. He failed his job" Junghwan murmured. Mashiho nodded softly as he closed his eyes. His smile slowly fading as he remembered what happened.

"Akito was imprisoned all his life after that. When he and Haru was eight, Akito escaped his prison. The one who was sent by the clan to track Akito down and implement the clan rule was Haru. The sword Haru uses, its Akito's sword. Haru's personal sword is still standing in his brother's grave"

"Is the clan punishing Haruto because you were poisoned, hyung?"

"So the official reason, but"

"Some just find Haruto as a eyesore. He is talented, undefeated since birth and if he served Mashi then Mashi would be untouched. Probably those old geezers work" Keita barged inside the room and eyed at Jeongwoo then to the man sitting calmly on the wheelchair. "Everything's ready. Noa -san has already given his permission"

"Good" Mashiho smiled and eyed the confused looking trio. "Now then, Park Jeongwoo would you visit our home in Japan and scold a certain traditional stubborn tall baby of a samurai?"

Jeongwoo stared at Mashiho silently and smiled as he realized his words, "I'll have to give that gangly lazy and spoiled samurai of a baby a piece of my mind. AND HIS CLAN"

Keita and Mashiho stared at each other smiling. They agreed that they did a great job scheming to pair Haruto and Jeongwoo together.

"Haru" Asahi muttered as he caught the blood soaked body before it toppled over. The silent assassin clicked his tongue as he threw a dagger straight to the forehead of a man who was pointing a pistol at them while hiding behind a wall.

"Hi-nii" Haruto muttered weakly, barely conscious. "Is Mashiho-sama okay?"

"The demon can't be killed immediately" Asahi assured as he signaled the waiting Yoonbin to approach. Haruto smiled lightly.

"That's good. That's good"

"Nothing's good. He's mad at you accepting that mission"

Haruto chuckled before coughing up some blood. Asahi widened his eyes, he immediately checked Haruto and saw wounds in his stomach. His sight darkened, bloodthirst leaking out. "Who? Who is it, Haru?"

"Musashi and one more" Asahi nodded. He saw Haruto's father walking towards them. Haruto immediately detached himself from any kinds of support and stared at his father with a cold face.

"Haruto, the clan has decided" Haruomi spoke as he stared at his son coldly. "lay down your sword"

Haruto chuckled darkly and stared at his father, "No. Take my life rather than my pride"

Haruomi knitted his brows. He had expected this answer. A Watanabe's pride is their blood, their sword. "Are you sure about this?"

"Yes" Haruto replied with a determined tone. Asahi shook his head as he thought how this pair of father and son are oddly alike. They both are too prideful and too stubborn.

"Haruomi-sama" Asahi called, his eyes cold. "It was the council that decided to let Musashi-san flee but the damage this time is too large. My leige has been placed into danger, my colleague reduced to this" The ninja stared at the blood soaked samurai from head to toe "mess. Please inform my father that I'll do my job as a shinobi of the Hanada clan"

"Very well" Haruomi nodded and watched Asahi walk towards the shadows and disappeared. The Silent Shinigami shall collect the souls his enemies are due. He reverted his attention back to his son and clicked his tongue, "I told you to train"

"Apologies for letting you down, father" Haruto replied. Haruomi sighed as he turned around and called his guards to help Haruto up. He thought to himself. I should have told you to train your mind.