sweetly bitter

It was a hard thing to swallow. Kim Seunghun watched as his father slumped on his seat while he trailed behind his mother who had their suitcases packed. They decided to leave.

Seunghun love his father, even now. The man that raised him to fight foe justice, the warm man who taught him kindness, his father. When he received the information from Yoonbin, he immediately looked it up. And he was horrified. He had refused to believe that his father was this horrendous. The father that he and his mother knows definitely isn't.

He did his own investigation. And Yoonbin attacked mercilessly with his schemes. Everytime his father's reputation gets dragged out, they would lose the friends that his father has. He was committed to prove the allegations wrong, to prove that Yoonbin used his power to make all this up.

But the more he delve deeper into the investigation, the more hopeless he became. In that point of despair, he heard his parents in a quarrel. His mother was always gentle, kind and one that does not tolerate injustice. She demanded for him to submit to investigation and prove the allegations wrong. Kim Seunghun knew deep inside that his father would decline but still hoped that he'd agreed, that he would be confident of his innocence.

Yet, reality strikes like a fast strong punch to the stomach. His father was blinded by rage and hit his mother. Although, he immediately apologized after realizing his actions but the act has been done. He had confirmed with his rage that everything was right.

He then remembered Yoonbin's words. Just because you dont know, do you think you're blameless? You delivered him to the devil's hands.

He laughed in self depreciation, mocking his old pompous self for preaching fairness and justice when he was in fact the son of a devil. A tear escaped his eyes, his strong righteous bravado breaking apart. Like glassess slowly shattering into dust.

He remembered. Jihoon met up with him one day to just chat about things that they missed. It was under his father's suggestion. To take the time to rebuild old connections. It was the same day Jihoon got kidnapped.

On the way home, his father's men captured the golden hacker. And --

He shivered slightly before he turn around and traced his steps to his father's study leaving the living room.

As soon as he entered the study, he pulled out a folder from one of  his father's files and kept it with him. Everything must be returned to the owners. He exited the room with a flash of strong will in his eyes.

Seunghun remembered the contract in his possession, kept safely in his luggage. He spared one last glance to his father who remained quiet and boarded the car. He would be leaving soon but he has one more thing to sort out.

As soon as he leaned his back against the backseat of the car, Seunghun stared at his mother whose heart obviously turned colder. He asked for her permission, "Mom, I need to drop somewhere first. To sort out something that father can't"

His mother stared back at him, eyes slightly glistening with pain and tears. She nodded. "Of course, Hunnie"

Seunghun took out his phone and dialed a number, he waited for the other line to connect and said, "Jihoon ah this is Seunghun can you pass the phone to him?"

Ha Yoonbin stared at the folder that Seunghun slipped in front of him before raising his brows, "Are you sure about this?"

"Everything needs to be returned to the rightful owners" Seunghun answered as he smiled weakly. Yoonbin took the folder and nodded. He sighed once again as this was not part of his plan. He did not imagine that the other's value of righteousness is immensely high. He had to admit, it was hard to dislike Seunghun's personality.

"You could have handed it over to Yedam directly"

"He would look at me guiltily, I know he is involved in that plan of yours. Doyoung would be out of the question. He would bawl out due to his conscience. And, Jihoon -- I'm just thankful that you still let me contact him"

Yoonbin shrugged and answered, "As much as I hate it, I trust Jihoon more than I trust myself. He can do anything that he wants and I'll be there to support him"

Seunghun smiled and saw the person that Ha Yoonbin truly was without the glasses he calls as bias. He stood up from his seat a content look in face as he finished his task. He glanced down and smiled lightly, he stated, "We would have been friends only if the situation was different"

Yoonbin raised his head, a smile platered on his face. He was certainly never a forgiving person but Seunghun was someone that already paid his dues, "What are you saying? I'll be looking forward to the day that you would represent me and my empire"

Kim Seunghun stared at the confident smirk that Yoonbin was sporting. He stared through the other's eyes. He returned the same look as he lightly chuckled. "Of course, make sure that you are gonna be hurt my services"

"That would be without a doubt. See you soon" Yoonbin snickered as he watched Seunghun understand his meaning.

"Of course, see you soon." Seunghun laughed as he exited the store. A firm resolution to start all over again. His father was the one who raised him to be a successor but to be an internation lawyer was his dream, not anyone else and Yoonbin confirmed that for him. He entered the car whete his mother was waiting for him and offered a smile.

"Everything done, Hunnie?"

"Yes, let us go" Seunhun affirmed and signaled the driver to drive to the airport. If his father was not successful in being a man of justice then he will be. He will work hard so that he will be. And one day, he might be able to stand on the same level as that man. He would have to work hard to pay everything back in the future. He chuckled to himself as he whispered. "Ha Yoonbin's mercy is very expensive"