Unknown rider

Elia's POV:

I tensed immediately swinging off the branch and landing crouched on the floor, as the dagger dug into the tree right where my head was. Lovely.

"Well that wasn't exactly the epitome of friendly really, was it?" I muttered under my breath as he watched me carefully. I walked towards him and his dragon. He flipped off his dragon and drew his sword. His dragon was enormous, a formidable black with large wings and spines decorating the top of his head down to his back. He growled at me, warning me not to come any closer towards them. I rolled my eyes. God, someone wasn't taught any manners. Instead of drawing my own sword I just sat down on the hill next to them, watching the fight. The rider from Sakeye was losing, the speed of the Angelicus dragon outwitting both it's past opponents. Soon enough, the Rider from Sakeye will fly away. The dragons wouldn't risk not getting any villages just for winning claims to ours. Anyway, I turned back to the rider. His cloak was covering most of his features, but his dark blue eyes and black hair was visible underneath, and he had a sharp jawline. He was wearing black leather armour that looked light and easy to wear, and he had a gold dragon decoration curled on his chest on the armour.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me, still holding his sword.

"Taking in the amazing scenery" 

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes.

"No dumbass, I'm watching the fights. What else would I do?"

This time he rolled his eyes. Then looked at me more calculatingly.

"Your 16?"

"Yep"

"You're a girl?"

"Last time I checked"

"This is your village?"

"Unfortunately" He looked at me curiously after that last statement.

"Right. Well, I have to go fight a dragon and win claim to your village. More specifically, win claim to you, and the others your age, that's if you're good enough to be a rider. Well just have to see."

"We will won't we?" I muttered as he jumped onto his dragon and soared into the sky, straight towards the Angelicus rider who looked exhausted after fighting the last two dragons. As the flew, his dragon let out an earth-shattering war cry letting the whole village know that he was here. 

'SHOW OFF!" I yelled after him, but I didn't expect him to hear. But, as I turned away, I could have sworn I heard a laugh in the distance, but he was in the sky at that point. That hearing distance was just... inhuman? How could I hear that? I shook it off and continued towards the village. It was obvious who would win this fight. In the village only two emblems were left, ironically, it was the white and the black. 

"Darkness and light. Always balanced out.." I whispered something to myself that my father had told me many years ago. That no matter what, darkness and light, they always were balanced out in the end.