Time

Once we had finished our crazy archery lesson we had one hour before our sword combat lesson because we were meant to have a flying lesson but as we didn't have our dragons; it wasn't possible. So we went to the common room area. This was basically just a place we could go to hang out. Everybody from every year could be in there so it had to be pretty large to accommodate everyone. Every day we just kept on finding new places to go and things to do because we hadn't had a tour of the place, and we didn't know where everything was. As we entered the common room, a wave of noise overtook our ears. There were tables and chairs in the corners, couches and t.v's. There was a kitchen area, but I noticed it had no stove. Probably thought we would burn the place down. I mean, it's not like we have dragons or anything, I scoffed. 

"Yo Elia. Get your fat ass down here!" Called Zara from where she was sitting on the couch. Rolling my eyes, I continued down to where she was waiting. But I was keenly aware of the eyes on the back of my head. Looking around, I saw that the 7 boys who were sitting in the corner were staring at me. Among them was Jace, Callum, the twins and Damon. The other two I recognised because they were sitting with Callum on the night of the sword fighting duels. I winked at them, gave them a smirk and then I turned back and sat down, chatting with the girls.

Soon, it was time to go to our hand to hand combat lesson. Once we got there, we were put into partners. We did this lesson with the year above us. Unfortunately, there were only 3 girls in the year above, and they were all fake. Even more, unfortunately, I got paired with the Crown Bitch herself. She pranced over to me, clothes barely covering her body. I wrinkled my nose in disgust and swiftly punched her in the face if only to save my eyes from looking at her.

"AYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" The girls called from the side. "Down with the bitch! Down with the bitch!" They chanted. Laughing, I finished her completely. She glared at me.

"I WILL PAY YOU BACK FOR THIS!" She screeched, making all of us cover our ears.

"Sure Honey. Now get your fake little ass over there. Toodles!" I said, waving at her as she stormed off, leaving all of us in fits of laughter. Hand to Hand combat finished quickly. I was able to beat everyone I was paired with, but they refused to pair us with boys. Sexist pigs.

I smiled at the girls as we walked towards the lunch hall, our arms linked.

-----------------------6 MONTHS LATER-------------------------

"Alright, everyone. Your time has come. Your reckoning has arrived. The judgment day... IT'S HERE!" Alex screamed with a manic look on his face, he paused. "Your days..." He paused, then turned sharply, lifting his face."Have ENDED!" He finished. Then he walked to the edge of the field, leaving us all slightly concerned about mental health issues, scared of him and laughing.

Just as we stood there waiting for what was going to happen. We heard roars. It was time we were reunited with our dragons, our test to stay here would happen on our dragons backs, in our minds. Mentally, to see if we were strong enough. Our physical skills had been judged this whole year, and some weren't here as they had already been dropped from the Academy. It was 20 boys and girls, now it was only 12. 5 boys had been dropped, and 3 girls. It had been sad to see them go, but we knew they would be fine. Among the 5 boys, I was happy to hear Jake had been kicked off. The three girls gone had been Autumn, Ava and Charlie. We missed them already. 

But they were the last things on our mind as our dragons came towards us in the distance. Leading the dragons I saw two. One dark grey and dark purple one, and my Alina. She had grown enormously. Her vast white scales coated her body, she wasn't grey on her muzzle anymore. A row of golden spines still stretched down her back all the way to her tail. Her wings were white until the ends, where they faded into a deep gold. She truly looked royal as her dark blue swirling eyes looked towards me. She roared once more and then diving, shooting towards the ground. Just as she reached the bottom she pulled up.

She shot toward me. Our only instructions were to stay still. She grabbed me in one huge claw and shot back up towards the sky. As I leant against her, I felt a tingling mental connection as she reached out to me again. 

Elia. My human.

She said this with such emotion in her voice. But that was all forgotten as she dropped me. 

I fell, hurtling back towards the ground.