Labing anim

Kinuwento ko lahat sakanila simula kung paano ko siya naging "boyfriend" hanggang sa kung anong nangyari nang makauwi na ako dito. I told them all the details while munching the pizza in front of us. I told them how I felt and how I felt so irritated when Charles started not to talk to me. They just listened.

"Bakit ka sobrang affected?" Nakangising tanong ni Sugar matapos kong magkwento.

"I'm not." Tanggi ko.

"It's too early to say that you're already inlove to him. Three days palang 'yung interaction niyo eh. Unless...." Pambibitin ni Salt. "Unless what?" Taas kilay kong tanong dito.

"Unless you're already inlove to him from a long time." Si ate Spice na ang nagdugtong dito.

"That's impossible." Iling ko sa kanila.

"But come to think of it..... He's your crush before." Tila may lumitaw na light bulb sa ulo ni Salt.

Uminom muna ako bago sumagot. "Hindi ah. Ikaw kaya 'yun." Tanggi ko dito.

"I never told you that I like him. I just want to irritate you that time." Nangingisi nitong sinabi.

"Kontrabida ka kasi." Simangot ni Sugar dito.

"Every person can change you know." Kibit balikat ni Salt. "Pero hinay ka lang muna Sweet." Concern was evident in her voice. "Wait until you see if his intentions were really true, kasi 'di ba sabi mo since highschool ka pa niya gusto pero bakit ngayon ka lang ulit niya nilapitan?" Dagdag pa niya.

"Kasi nga kontrabida ka." Tawa ni Sugar dito.

Inirapan lang ito ni Salt. "Ano namang plano mo ngayon?" Ate Spice suddenly asked.

"About what ate?" Balik tanong ko rito.

"Paano kung hindi na siya ulit magparamdam?" Tanong niya muli.

"Then I'm doomed. No choice but to have Greg as my husband... Maybe just maybe I can learn to love him. He's a nice guy naman. Gago lang madalas." Natatawa kong saad at napansin ang biglang paglungkot ni ate Spice.

"Eh kung magparamdam naman?" Salt asked while wiggling her shoulders.

"The bitterness of Sweet Fuentes will end." Pagsingit ni Sugar.

"Matagal na kong hindi bitter no." Alma ko.

Nag tinginan muna silang tatlo at saka tumawa. "Inamin niyang bitter siya. Ghad. Let's celebrate." Pumapalakpak pa si Salt habang sinasabi ito tumayo naman si ate Spice at nang makabalik ay may dala dala siyang cupcakes, buffalo wings and another box of pizza.

"And that's because of you my dear sister." Matalim ko siyang tinignan at saka kumuha ng isa sa kakapatong lang na buffalo wings ni ate Spice.

"Move on sis. You don't deserve a halfhearted love and you don't deserve those assholes in College. I just... protected you." Humina ang kaniyang boses.

"How about those mean girls?" Palatak ko dito.

"That's beyond my control. I didn't tell them to do that. And those girls were not my friends. They were Fionas friends." Salt explained while getting another slice of pizza.

"Fiona who?" Sabay sabay naming tanong.

"Fiona Gutierrez, the ballerina. Jorge's wicked wife." Disgust was written in Salt's face.

"Why?" Kunot noo kong tanong.

"Inggit sis." She just simply answered.

"Details. Details." Usisa ng kakarating lang na si Sugar na may dala dalang soda and beer in can. Hindi ko agad napansin ang bottled water na dala nito na siyang inabot niya kay ate Spice.

"She's an ugly duckling before." Salt started before she opened the beer in front of her. "Remember the girl in your recital before?" I stopped eating and started to reminisce what happened that time.

"The girl who cried kasi ako 'yung nakuha for the solo act?" Gulat kong sambit.

Tumango ito. "She's also the nerdy girl who cried in highschool because she was rejected again in ballet." Salt explained after drinking her beer. "The same girl who got her heart broken because of the nerdy Jorge who happened to be your bestfriend that time." She paused then drink again. "Isang baliw na babae na panay ang sunod kay Jorge hanggang sa U.S. Made her name in ballet. Came back here when Jorge left U.S. And even told Jorge to break your heart." She said with gritted teeth.

I still can't believe what I've heard. "How did you know all of those info?" Ate Spice asked while loving her cupcakes.

"Privilege of being a queen bee." Salt said then shrugged.

"Why you didn't tell me? And wait, why did I see you in his room that time?" Naguguluhan kong tanong dito.

Tumawa muna siya at umiling iling. "Malabo mata nung lalaki na 'yun. Akala niya ako ikaw. I wore your favorite red muscle tee that time. I pretended to be you. I saw Fiona in his room sleeping. Pinapili ko si Jorge kung si Fiona the frog ba o ikaw which happened to be me that time. Guess who he chose." Pambibitin nito sa kwento.

"Who?" I immediately asked.

"You." Turo nito sa akin. "But I don't want you to be fool by that kind of love. He only chose you because you're his bestfriend. He only loves you because you're his bestfriend. You don't deserve that Sis. He cheated on you. No one dares to hurt you. Atleast if it's me, I know that my intention is pure."

"But wrong ways." Bilang basag ni ate Spice dito.

"Yeah wrong ways. And I am very sorry Sweet. It made you a bitter person. But a better person also. I just don't want you to be blinded and will be hurt deeper by that." Muli pa nitong paliwanag.

Salt stand then hugged me. I still can't absorb everything but at least I know now the truth. At kahit papano nabawasan 'yung bigat dito sa puso ko. Now I can look at her without those hard feelings that I've been carrying since ages. Because all this time, it's not the cheating boyfriend that hurt me, it's the thought that my sister who used to be my bestfriend turned her back against me and hurt me.

Salt's ways were always wrong when she wants to show her love for us. She always do it without even thinking. Basta kung anong unang pumasok sa utak niya 'yun ang gagawin niya. Nasaktan man niya ako noon pero hindi makakaila na sa lahat ng kapatid ko siya 'yung pinaka kaclose ko. And there's always a room for forgiveness. It's not too late to forgive her.