Chapter 1

Heyyo boys. This is gonna be the first and probably one of the only Author's Notes in here because I don't want to take away from the experience of the story this time. I'm trying something new. Anyway, this is going to be a Punk Castiel and Teacher Dean AU, so just warning you ahead of time if that's not what you're into. I personally like fics like these because it makes the conflict more realistic and believable, but hey, that's just me. Also, this will be sort of a music heavy story just because I am heavily influenced by music and listen to music while I'm writing, so I'll include places to play songs and perhaps a playlist with everything I include. Don't worry if you don't want to go through the trouble, you'll still get the basics of the story (not to say that I don't encourage ya'll to look into it because I think it adds so much). Hope you all enjoy! Peace

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A single, distorted chord rings out into a vast, open space.

Large lights buzz to life and illuminate a massive stage layered in a blanket of artificial fog. Amps and stands litter the platform, haloed in the speakers and LEDs held up by a web of silver rigging.

A skin-tight leather clad figure steps into the spotlights, black boots clinking with every step as the buckles and zippers rattle against the weight of the heavy footwear.

His black rimmed eyes scan the enormous arena crowd, he smirks to himself. He gazes up towards the sky, his arms lifting to grasp the mic stand in front of him. The crowd begins to roar, a grin appears on the man's face as he hears the band behind him revving up to begin. He cues the drum fill, the guitars screech to life, and as he intakes his first breath-

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Castiel dragged a hand over his face and sighed, frustrated.

"Shit.", he muttered, not wanting to leave the comfort of the soft sheets and plush mattress that had become his oasis in the previous summer months. His door creaked open, and a head of long, cherry red hair poked inside.

"First day of school. You awake, kiddo?" Anna said softly.

"Yeah," Castiel said groggily, sitting up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The shower head sputtered to life as water streamed into the drain. Castiel looked into the mirror at the reflection of his bed head, under-eye bags, and modestly tattooed chest. He looked terrible, but that wasn't out of the ordinary, was it?

He stepped into the shower and let the warm water stream across his skin and fall to the tile below, letting his thoughts wash away with the steaming liquid.

Another day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

He stepped out of the shower, patting his face, chest, and shoulders dry and wrapping a fluffy, crisp white towel around his hips as he shook the water from his hair. His bare feet padded on the hard wood as he made his way back to his dark, sullen bedroom and opened the blinds, just enough to allow the soft morning light in. He gazed into his closet and considered his options as he pulled out a pair of black boxer briefs and began to get dressed.

First day of senior year. Gotta dress to impress, as they say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Castiel pulled into his usual parking space in front of the dreary brick building that would act as his educational holding cell for the next year. He spotted Jo and Charlie sitting on the large, concrete planter just outside the door, and he eagerly grabbed his backpack, wanting very much to reunite with his friends. He tapped the lock on the key fob of his black mustang and jogged towards the two girls.

"CASSIE!", Charlie exclaimed and jumped up to hug her best friend. Jo turned, her face lighting up at the sight of him.

"Castiel!! It's so good to see you!", She said excitedly and joined the embrace.

"I know it's only been a few weeks, but I missed you guys." Castiel said into the red and blonde locks of his bffs.

"Sorry that I had to go on a mandatory family fun time vacation. I would have much rather spent it... well, ANYWHERE but with my family actually." Charlie said, laughing and pulling away.

"Mom had me working SO MUCH, I guess because of Sturgis. Who knew bikers loved beer, pool, and onion rings so much." Jo sighed as they began to walk through the double glass doors of the school.

"C'mon, who doesn't?" Castiel earned a punch to the arm from Jo for that and the shit-eating grin that it accompanied.

"Hey, at least you won't have to work there for much longer." Charlie offered.

"Oh, yeah, because another year is SO short." Jo huffed, exasperated. Her two friends chuckled and they walked towards their classes.

Charlie stopped dead in the middle of the hall. The others looked at her, confused.

"SHIT. I forgot to get my schedule! I don't know what class I have!" Charlie gasped and ran off in the opposite direction towards the office.

"That's what you get for skipping out on orientation to go to Toronto, Charles!" Jo laughed and shouted after her.

A certain lewd gesture was thrown back in her direction as Charlie continued sprinting off down the hall. Chuckling, Castiel and Jo continued down the hall. Jo pulled out a crumpled piece of paper and squinted at it.

"Hmmm...OH! Looks like this is me. See you later Cassie!" Jo said, opening the door to her classroom and saluting at Castiel as she ducked inside. He waved back at her and exhaled. Guess it's time to see where HIS first class was. He pulled his folded schedule from inside his jeans and his eyes flicked between the black boxes.

First period was Painting. Breathing a sigh of relief, Castiel reveled in the fact that he, at the very least, didn't have MATH first period. Realizing the art rooms were on the floor above his, he began to move through the hallway peppered with uneasy freshman, vibrant sophmores, what he assumed to be juniors concealed behind mountains of AP and IB textbooks, and the occasional gloomy senior or coffee-guzzling teacher.

He reached the open metal door to the staircase and ascended, excited to begin a class he didn't have to stress about in his last year. Just as he exited the stairway on the second floor, his eyes connected with another set, locking in, much to his surprise. A man whom he assumed to be a teacher had stopped in front of a row of rusting, cream-colored lockers inset into the chipping tile walls, eyes scanning Castiel in somewhat of an off-putting and frankly very unprofessional manner. He tore himself away from the man's eyes to see a white button-down and black slacks over a very...FIT... body. Surprising for a teacher, not that Castiel minded, at ALL.

They were jolted to life by the shrill ring of the first bell, indicating that everyone get to their designated areas. The man blinked rapidly and cleared his throat gruffly, moving past the small wave of students set into motion by the bell, and Castiel watched him go, intrigued. That was strange.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

His first two periods FLEW by, not that he was that invested in statistics and probabilities anyway. He zoned out for the entirety of his second class, lost in thoughts of music and art and most annoyingly, that creepily hot teacher in the hall.

Was he...checking me out? Why was he looking at me like that...?

Thoroughly befuddled and not in the mood to be in school (was he ever?), he hurried through the building to his third period. Glancing at his schedule, he saw that he was headed to English, followed by a name he didn't recognize.

Winchester, D.

Huh. Wonder if he's new?

A chill suddenly ran down Castiel's spine. What if...?