Chapter 20

OMFG OMFG OMFG 1K READS YA'LL ARE AMAZING THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS AAHAHHAHAHAHAH 💕 💕💕💕💕💕

okay back to BIRTHDAY CHAPTER

~~~~~~~

Castiel eyes opened to the dark of his room. He looked towards the window to see a very faint bit of the blue haze of dawn creeping through, but it was faint, barely there. He picked up his phone to check the time.

5:46 am

Why am I AWAAAKKEEE

He internally groaned as his face flopped back down into his pillow, wanting more sleep than his body was allowing.

As he breathed into the soft pillowcase, he remembered what today was.

Dean.

He smiled, wrapping his arms around his pillow and settling back to comfort as sleep began crawling up behind his eyes.

~~~~~~~~

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASSIIEEE"

Gabriel ran into his room screaming. Castiel sat up and checked the time, chuckling.

"7:03. You're so early today." He said groggily as he rolled onto his back, sitting up and stretching. Gabe plopped down onto the foot of his bed.

"Well, YEAH. This one is special. The big one-eight." Anna said, leaning against the door frame.

"This was always a biggie for us, so it'll be a biggie for you, bro-bro." Gabe said patting Castiel's comforter-covered legs.

"You guys don't have to go out of your way or anything, I'm fine with just hanging out. I don't need anything elaborate." Cas said, worrying that Anna and Gabe had taken valuable time and resources on him when he knew money was already tight.

The older siblings looked at each other, rolling their eyes and sighing.

"Of course it has to be elaborate, have you met me?" Gabe smirked, earning a laugh from Cas.

"When are Jo and Charlie coming over?" Anna asked, brushing a loose lock of red hair behind her ear.

"When are we doing dinner?" Cas asked.

"6." Gabe said.

Cas nodded, "Then six-ish. I'll tell them." He said, reaching for his phone. While it had gone unnoticed earlier, he saw a text from Dean that made his heart flutter.

Good morning, angel. HAPPY BIRTHDAAAYYYYY!!!!!!! I'm so happy that I'm lucky enough to get to spend today (tonight? same thing) with the most amazing, gorgeous, and talented person I've ever had the privilege of knowing. Thank you for letting me be a part of your life. I can't wait to see you.

He smiled, sighing.

My god, he's perfect.

He felt Gabe shift forward and immediately locked his phone and tilted it downwards towards his chest. When their eyes met, Gabe had a devilish look on his face.

"Whatcha smiling at?" He said mischievously.

"Charlie sent a picture of her cat." He said, leaning back and moving his phone behind his back protectively. Gabe crept ever closer.

"Oh sure. I don't recall Cake ever making you BLUSH." He said, lunging forward. Castiel, however, had anticipated this. He shot out from under the covers and rushed past Anna into the bathroom across the hall. As soon as he closed the door, he heard Gabriel thump against it. He quickly locked the door and stood back as Gabe began furiously jiggling the handle and banging loudly on the wood.