Chapter 18

A few weeks passed without major incident. Balthazar didn't (or was never given the opportunity to) make any moves on Castiel, Jo didn't spill their beans despite her obvious hesitation, and Cas and Dean saw each other often. Their next date was set for tonight, and Castiel couldn't wait.

Cas started a message thread with just Jo, which, he had to admit, felt odd after telling both her AND Charlie everything for the entirety of their friendship.

Cas: Dean and I are going on a date tonight, can you cover for me in case Anna asks?

Jo: yeah

Cas rolled his eyes.

Cas: Please. Withhold your enthusiasm.

Jo: I am at WORK Castiel James Novak stfu

Cas: is it really work if you don't get paid and have no choice

Jo: Nope that would be slave labor

Cas: 😶😶😶😶

Jo: have fun on your date use protection

Cas: don't worry mom I have my bear spray

Jo: wtf

Cas: Bears are dangerous

Jo: I thought you were supposed to be a bad boy

Cas: bears care not about your level of badness

Jo: you're hopeless

Cas cracked a smile, shaking his head. It seemed like Jo was getting more comfortable with the idea of Cas and Dean together, which made him very happy.

He began getting ready.

~~~~~~~

After a night of talking, laughing, and yes, a lot of making out, Dean and Cas stood wrapped in each other's arms near their cars, Castiel's head on Dean's shoulder. The only sounds that could be heard were soft breathing and the rushing of the small river nearby.

"Thank you." Cas said softly. Dean chuckled, kissing his temple.

"For what? He asked. Cas lifted his head to meet Dean's eyes.

"Tonight. And everything else." He said, leaning their foreheads together.

"You don't need to thank me, thank YOU for spending time with me." Dean said, hand ghosting over Cas's cheek. He leaned down, pressing his lips against the shorter boy's and moving them slowly in sync with Castiel's.

Cas sighed into the kiss and slid his tongue into Dean's mouth, savoring the taste. His arms slid down from Dean's waist to his hips, massaging his hipbones softly. Dean shifted his pelvis forward to grind against Cas's. Cas pulled away, catching his breath.

Dean suddenly scooped Cas up, wrapping his legs around his waist and leaning the smaller boy's back against the side of the Impala. Cas let out a small yelp of surprise.

Cas attacked Dean's lips with his own, leaning down and cradling the older man's face in his hands. Dean's hands rubbed up and down Cas's thighs as he licked and nipped at the other boy's lips. Castiel's hips circled against Dean and he groaned, head falling back. Dean took this opportunity to begin sucking his neck passionately. Cas's hand shot to grip Dean's shoulders, steadying himself as his mind numbed with pleasure.

"Fuck me."

Dean stopped, looking up with wide eyes. Cas looked back, worried he'd said something stupid.