Chapter 21

5 1 7 2 words. 5,000!!! FAGKKFKRJEJJW the last chapter was so frickin long Jesus it took forever I'm real sorry about that, but hey, it was also long as fuck. Also a lot of things happened. A lot of smut. You know how it is. Anyway

Was it too long?? I can split it up if it is. Idk lemme know

Peace

~~~~~~~

(Play Heart Out by the 1975)

Castiel stood in front of a the mic stand as Garth and Ash strummed to the gentle beat Balthazar laid down. Cas had a guitar today, a rare occurrence as of late since he usually took the position of singing frontman, which was not different from today, however, he now blended into the ranks a bit more.

Guitar was Castiel's fourth instrument and admittedly not his most comfortable. He was good, but slightly unsure of himself, so he took rhythm as Ash played lead. They had an array of affect pedals strewn across the floor, curtesy of Ash and his cousin, to really
achieve that unique, synthesized sound they were going for.

I'm rushing in a small town
I forgot to call you
Running low on know how
This beats made for two

He smiled over at Dean despite the full room of eyes on him. Today, Gabriel had brought his fifth block orchestra class to sit in on Bathtub Dahlia's performance, since it was only a few days until Halloween, when they would do their first show of the year at a small, local venue.

'Cause I remember that I like you
No matter what I found
She said, "It's nice to have your friends round.
We're watching the television with no sound."

They bounced and grooved to the infectious beat. Cas grinned as he sang, looking between Ash and Garth.

It's just you and I tonight
Why don't you figure my heart out?
It's just you and I tonight
Why don't you figure my heart out?

As the chorus kicked in, Garth and Ash began singing harmonies behind Castiel. He scanned his eyes over the crowd, and they seemed to be well received. Honestly, he knew they had very low expectations considering these were members of the entry level group, so Castiel was not worried too about impressing a bunch of bored teenagers. The only people he was truly concerned with was Gabriel and Dean, and mostly keeping them away from each other. Dean had purposely come in a bit later then Gabe's class and stood towards the back and on the very opposite side of the room to make sure they never came in contact, but naturally Gabe had seen him immediately and fixed him with an icy glare.

Push your lack of chest out, look at my hair
God, I love the way you love yourself
Your obsession with rocks and brown
And fucking the whole town's
A reflection on your mental health

Castiel glanced over at Dean, who was now taking pictures of the band, and laughed, shaking his head. Dean held his arms out and shrugged, mouthing "What?" as he chuckled. This earned another hearty laugh from Castiel who then made emphasized the last line by shooting Dean a face as a wide smile spread over his face.

'Cause I remember when I found you
Much younger than you are now
And once we started having friends round
You created a television of your mouth

Once again, the chorus rang through the small band room. Unknown to Castiel, Gabe had watched the entire exchange between Castiel and his English teacher with a bitter taste in his mouth. His students, however, were infatuated with his tall, dark, and handsome brother who was currently enchanting them with song. Many videos were being taken, many pictures from girls (and a few enthusiastic boys) who had fallen head-over-heels with Cas, and now many more people who would be attending the Halloween show that Friday.