Chapter 24

So as not to confuse anyone, we've jumped forward in time quite a bit. We left off at Christmas Break, now it's February! 

Also lol hey I'm back for a hot minute cause my school got shut down so thats cool and fun and not awful at all

~~~~~~

"Castiel! We're going to be late!" 

"Coming, Anna!" 

Today was a very important day. Today was nerve wracking and soul shaking and world altering and Castiel was worried that he felt fine. He wasn't hyperventilating like he thought he would be. He was only a little sweaty, only a little nervous, and only a little shaky. Other than that, he didn't feel like the rest of his life depended on his performance today, despite the fact that he KNEW that it DID. 

He hoisted his guitar up onto his shoulders and grabbed his viola in his free hand, stuffing his phone, wallet, and keys into the too-small pockets of his ripped jeans. As he rushed down the stairs, he thought about the long conversation he had with Dean this morning. 

Flashback

"Hey, Angel. You nervous?" Dean said, voice still groggy from sleep. 

Cas swallowed harshly. "No. Well yeah, I'm nervous because I'm not nervous. I'm worried about how calm I am. I feel like I should be having a breakdown." He heard Dean's soft chuckle from the other end. 

"I think that's pretty normal. I think you're fine if your biggest concern is being okay. At least you're NOT having a breakdown." Dean hummed.

"That's true." 

"You'll be perfect, Cas. You always are." Dean said softly. 

"Has anyone ever told you how wonderful you are? Because you're wonderful." Castiel rubbed his eyes, smiling tiredly. 

"Just you, beautiful." 

~~~~~

"Castiel James Novak, what the hell are you wearing?" Gabriel caught his arm on their way out the door, his eyebrows raised. 

"What I always wear...?" He asked, trying to continue out. Gabe was unimpressed. "They like it when you have your own style. They like uniqueness. That's the point of a school like this." He sighed, knowing what was coming next. 

"You really should be auditioning for a more prestigious conservatory, you're too talented for-" 

He was cut off by Anna. "HEY, time to get a move on boys. Let's go, come on."

Castiel smiled gratefully at her as Gabe rolled his eyes, leading the trio out to the car. 

~~~~

"How you doing kiddo?"

Castiel looked back to his sister from the passenger seat. He had been staring off into space for the last 15 minutes. 

"I'm okay. I think." He said, looking back out the window to watch the reflective poles glistening along the roadside as they whirred past.

"Okay is good. Are you nervous?" She asked. 

He chuckled. "You know, everyone's been asking me that for the past week. Is it weird that I was way more nervous yesterday than i am today?"

"No, it's not weird. Everyone processes things differently." She said, and in her Anna fashion, she knew it was exactly what Cas needed to hear.

"Are we there yet?" Gabriel sat up in the back seat, rubbing his face and yawning as he maneuvered around the guitar next to him.