Chapter 7

(Go ahead and play It's Not Living (If It's Not With You) off of A Brief Inquiry...Relationships ((the title is so long)) by the 1975 if you feel so inclined )

Dean sat on the faded blue carpet, head leaning against the wall of lockers behind him. He nodded with the infectious beat and smiled, eyes closed, hands clasped, arms resting on his upright knees as he listened to what he had learned was 'Bathtub Dahlia'. They were playing a very upbeat song, and Dean could hear a lot of guitar, specifically multiple guitars. Instead of just Cas singing, Garth and Balth were on backup vocals. It wasn't quite the style he liked to listen to, but he had stopped giving a shit a while ago.

If Cas sings it, I don't care what it is. I'll listen.

He had positioned himself in just a spot where he was hidden from the views of both the band and the hallway, both behind the row of instrument lockers as well as behind the left hand wall of the front entry way. He didn't want anyone to see him, especially not Gabriel. After their...CONVERSATION a few weeks earlier, he knew that he'd get the wrong idea about Dean being there.

What AM I doing here?

This thought interrupted his intake of the music behind him.

I'm just appreciative of their art.

This explanation seemed to satiate him. He sat back once more.

All I do is sit and think about you
If I knew what you'd do
Collapse my veins
Wearing beautiful shoes
It's not living if it's not with you
All I do is sit and drink without you
If I choose then I lose
Distract my brain from the terrible news
It's not living if it's not with you

God, they're good.

(You can pause the tunes, or finish the song cause it's dope. You do you)
~~~~~~~~

Castiel waved to Balthazar heaved his backpack up onto his shoulders and walked out the door. Cas looked around the band room, making sure they didn't forgot anything or leave anything out. Spotting a cable laying on the floor, he sighed and picked it up.

Ash. Of course.

He began to wind it up, careful not to stretch it out. He thought about it while he wrapped, and came to the conclusion that it might be for the best that Ash can never pick up his cables after rehearsal. He pictured what Ash usually did with them, which was tightly wrapping them around his hand and elbow like an absolute barbarian and chucking them into the large locker they all shared in the band room.

Yeah. Probably for the best.

He pulled out the small key and unlocked the padlock on their locker, taking it off and setting the cable on top of an amp. He was too preoccupied to hear the light footsteps entering behind him. As he shut the door and began the lock the door back up, he heard a throat clear. He nearly dropped the padlock he jumped so hard. Whipping around he saw Mr. Winchester smiling shyly at him, hands in his pockets.

"Hey." He said. Castiel swallowed thickly.

"Hi." He replied.

"As usual, you sounded incredible today." Dean said, slowly walking in Castiels direction.

"Well thank you, I'll be sure to let the guys know, they'll appreciate it." Cas said, laughing nervously, hands fidgeting with the padlock he was still holding.