Chapter 8

"FINE I'LL GO." Cas said annoyed.

"YES!" Charlie and Jo high-fived and whooped.

"It's gonna be fun. Trust me." Jo said.

The three friends sat around the lunch table, chatting anxiously about the upcoming party. It was tomorrow night, and as far as Castiel was concerned, it couldn't come soon enough. He was looking forward to a break from everything, and to getting wasted without a care in the world.

"So, is anyone that doesn't suck going?" Cas asked.

"Um, yeah. Us." Charlie said, gesturing between her and Jo.

Cas rolled his eyes. "BESIDES you."

"Why, are you gonna find some poor guy to hook up with and never talk to again?" Charlie said and Jo nearly spat out her lemonade.

"What gives you the idea that I do that?" Castiel said warily.

"Connor, Joel, Micah," Jo listed.

"Zachariah, James, Daniel," Charlie continued. "Oh and poor Lewis. He was really heartbroken."

"'You give me the best night of my life and I don't even get a HELLO?'", Jo imitated, feigning sadness as she dramatically fell back on to Charlie.

"Okay, I get it." Castiel said, throwing a pretzel at Jo and hitting her in the chest.

"Wow, right in the sternum."

~~~~~~~~

The next day, Dean was walking through the classroom, handing back bundles of graded assignments. Low chatter could be heard as students talked to one another in the absence of Dean's teaching. He had put the most important on the bottom; he could feel the jagged edges from the scissors on his left hand as he gripped the papers tightly. Walking over to Castiel, he could feel his chest tighten up with nerves. Cas looked up and him as he approached, subconsciously taking the innermost half of his bottom lip between his teeth. Dean gulped.

"Nice job, Cas. I especially liked the last one." He said quietly, setting down Castiel's graded work in front of him. Cas smiled up at him.

"I thought you might. The way you talk about it in class is quite inspirational." Castiel said, leaning forward to rest his chin on his hand.

"Just a guy who likes his car." Dean shrugged, blushing at Castiel's attention to detail. He looked at Cas once more before turning to walk back up to the front of the class. Cas sighed happily.

"HEY. Earth to Castiel?" Jo said, waving a hand in front of his face. He sat up, looking over at her.

"What?" He asked. She gaped at him. "WHAT?" He asked again.

She hurriedly gestured in between him and presumably Dean. "Okay, what's going on? What was he talking about? What were YOU talking about?"

"Just something i drew on the last page of reading questions." He shrugged.

"Let me see!" She said, quickly whisking away his bundle. He attempted to grab it back, but it was too late. Jo studied the papers. "Why are there giant holes in every page of your homework?" She said, slowly turning to look at him. Castiel snatched them back, suddenly just as puzzled as Jo.

She was right, every one of his drawings had been cut out.

Is he...keeping them?

Castiel felt himself blush. He snapped his head up to look at Dean. He was smiling back at him. He lifted the papers and pointed to them in a 'what is this?' gesture. Dean just winked in response. Jo looked on this exchange with even more confusion than before.