Chapter 12

"So." Castiel said.

"So," Dean sighed. "Friday night." Castiel's stomach churned.

"I found you in the kitchen. Well, okay-my brother is a deputy sergeant with the Lawrence police, and he got called in while I was over at his house so I knew where he was going. Then he called me and told me that you were there and that he couldn't get ahold of your sister to come and get you so he didn't have to take you into custody for an MIP. So, I just said that I would." Dean said. Castiel was silent, waiting for him to continue.

"So then, I-I found you in the kitchen, and you were passed out, so I, uh, I carried you out and then we left." Dean said, trying to avoid what was coming next.

"And then you just took me to Jo's?" Castiel asked. Dean flushed.

"Ah-yeah, yes." Dean stammered. Cas hesitated.

"And that's all?" Cas said. Dean laughed nervously.

"Well, um. I uh, aaaahhhh.", Dean stalled.

"What? Did something happen?" Cas asked, equally as anxious now.

"You, well, you uh, kissed me." Dean mumbled. He heard Cas intake a sharp breath. He was quiet for a long while.

"I-KISSED you?" He whispered, looking towards his open door.

"And-well yeah."

"Oh fuck." Cas muttered under his breath, pacing in a circle with his head tilted back, hands covering his eyes.

"Cas?" Dean asked gently.

"I'm really sorry, Dean." He said, voice shaking.

"Can I meet you somewhere? Can, can we talk about this?" Dean asked.

"I don't know if that's a great idea." Cas said. Dean dragged a hand over his face.

"Alright." He said softly. "Can we at least talk about it tomorrow?" He asked hopefully. Castiel didn't respond for a while.

"Yeah. Tomorrow." He whispered.

"Hey, you okay?" Dean asked.

"Yeah." He said, barely audible. He hung up.

~~~~~~~~

Castiel walked into English the next day and avoided any and all eye contact with Dean for the majority of the period. When Jo asked him what had happened, he stole a glance at Dean, meeting his eyes.

"Do you know anything about what happened with Dean and I that night?" He whispered, looking at her. Her face hardened.

"I wasn't going to tell you this, but when Dean got to my house, he was putting you shirt back on you in the back of the Impala. I don't think he would have done anything to you, but I can't speak on behalf of what drunk Castiel would have done." She whispered back, patting him on the shoulder.

"God, I feel like I'm going to throw up." He said, putting his head in hands. He swiftly looked back at her, leaning in close. "He said that I kissed him." Her eyes widened. He buried his head in his arms atop the table. "I feel so stupid." He said, embarrassed. She attempted to console him.

"If it makes you feel any better, he's been staring at you this entire class, so I don't think he hated it." He sat up.

"Really?" He asked. She nodded.

"I still feel stupid. I was so drunk that I can't remember anything, I kissed him and probably tried to take all my clothes off in the process. I'd be very surprised if he didn't hate me by now." He said dejectedly.