Chapter 14

Hey ya'll. A/N even though I'm trying not to do these. Just wanted to thank you for those of you who've commented and voted (literally two people), I really appreciate it and would encourage anyone else who would like to to do the same. If you have any feedback, I'd love to hear it even if it's like an uwu or something idk. Anyway, thank you TheLiveingTrash and SoGetThis104 (which is a fantastic @ btw). That's all, back to the story. Until next time

~~~~~~

(Play Last Young Renegade by All Time low if ya please)

Castiel nods at Ash as the gentle guitar riff starts. He was a little nervous about this one. They hadn't practiced it a whole lot, which is obviously why they were doing it now, but today's rehearsal was different for Castiel.

Castiel smiled awkwardly at Dean, who was seated in front to them, hands clasped together eagerly. Dean gave a little wave, which Castiel returned, followed by a thumbs up that made Castiel smile anxiously. He swallowed thickly, trying to calm his racing heart. He looked back at Balth, who watched him intently as they nodded at each other. He started the drum fill.

Cas flipped around and began singing into the mic in front of him, gripping it hard. Dean could see he was much stiffer than usual, his charming and sultry stage presence replaced by a tight jaw and furrowed brow. He looked anywhere but at Dean as he white-knuckled his mic stand. As he went through the first verse, he tried to shake off his nerves, rolling his neck and closing his eyes.

It's fine. It's just Dean. The guy you want to impress more than anything in the world. The only human on Earth whose opinion matters to you. No biggie, Castiel.

He took the mic off the stand and walked in a small circle, eyes still closed and words flowing from his dainty, pink lips. As he neared the chorus, he felt himself regain some of his usual mojo, loosening up. He opened his eyes, his character coming over him as he winked at Dean.

You were my last young renegade heartache
It only took one night
Caught in the eye of a hurricane, darling
We had to say goodbye

He moved to the the rhythm of Garth and Balth, getting into the spirit of the song.

Just pretend he's not there.

Dean, on the other hand, could not keep his eyes off of Castiel. The way he swayed, the way his lips formed the words, the way his ringed fingers gripped the mic.

Why is he so perfect?

(Alright you can pause the song OR take a listening break cause it's a dope song ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

~~~~~~~~

Dean clapped and stood, woo-ing.

"That was great. You guys are so awesome." Dean said, grinning at Castiel.

"Thanks, teach." Ash said, nodding with lidded eyes and a goofy smile. Dean raised an eyebrow at him and looked over at Cas for an explanation. He made a loop with his thumb and forefinger and made a smoking motion. Dean chuckled.

"Do you have any performances coming up or are you just jamming?" He asked as they began to pack up for the day. They all looked at each other, exhaling and thinking, all letting out variations of "uuuhh", "um", "shit" until someone finally remembered.

"Yeah, we have a show on Halloween, and then this like school banquet bullshit thing a few weeks after that." Garth said. Dean nodded.

"And of course you're playing Schoolchella, right?"