Chapter 6

"See you, Winchester." Castiel said, backing away from Dean and turning entirely once he had disappeared around the corner. Finally tearing his eyes away from the older man, he met three pairs of eyes staring at him widely. He felt his cheeks flush.

Damnit.

"So, uh, Castiel." Garth said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. He looked at Balthazar who looked at him, then hesitantly at Cas.

"Yeah," Balth said slowly.

"What?", Castiel said, attempting to diffuse and ignore whatever they were hinting at.

"You really laid it on thick with that guy." Ash blurted out, and all eyes flew to him. "What?" He asked.

Castiel put his face in his hands, letting out a muffled "Jesus fucking Christ.", as he turned his back to them and paced back towards the wall. They all fell silent for a few moments.

"Wait", Garth said, the smile obvious in his voice, "does CASTIEL Novak ACTUALLY have a CRUSH on someone?"

Castiel whipped around, "NO. I do not."

"Oh my god. He does." Balthazar chuckled.

Castiel just hastily unplugged the extension cord they were using for their amps out of the wall and huffed grumpily.

"You guys suck."

~~~~~~~~~

"Dean." Gabe crosses his arms, leaning on his desk. After leaving the band room, he had proceeded to drag Dean down to his office and shut the door, much to Dean's dread. He looked at the floor.

"What do you think you're doing looking at my brother like that?" He incriminated.

"I'm not...I...." Dean sighed, closing his eyes. "Gabe, I didn't mean—"

"Alright, the last thing I want to hear right now is you lying out your ass to deny it because I have eyes, I can see that you're doing it. But if you even THINK of laying a single god damn FINGER on him—"

"GABE, I would never do that!" Dean stood straight from where he was leaning on the cabinets in the office.

"It isn't just that, he's a student. Do you realize how much shit you'd be in if—"

"It isn't anything. Absolutely nothing. I'm not going after your brother, or a student." Dean said, looking Gabe directly in the eyes. Gabe looked back at him skeptically.

"Dean Winchester. If you have any ideas in that fluffy little head of yours, you better squash them right now." Gabe said, eyes burning into him. Dean tried to interject but was immediately shushed.

"You will not dare to lay a HAND on my brother or you will be so dead that nothing in heaven or hell could possibly drag your sorry ass back out, do you understand me?" He said, now very close to Dean.

Dean nodded slowly.

"Okay. But if you try anything—"

"I'm dead, I know. I get it." Dean said, raising his hands in retreat. Gabe patted him on the shoulder and smiled tightly.

"Yes. You are."

~~~~~~~~~

Castiel fell back onto his bed, sighing.

Jesus Christ, what's gotten into me?

His stomach churned nervously, and he felt like he was going to throw up.

He closed his eyes, hoping he could clear away the clouds behind them, and maybe give his racing mind a rest. As his breathing slowed,

Castiel felt himself floating away, his body becoming both weightless and incredibly heavy all at once. Drifting in and out of consciousness, he eventually gave in to the molasses embrace of sleep.