Chapter 3: Welcome Home...

"Hey baby girl" my dad said with a general smile. I can't believe he is home. I though he said he was coming home later this week. Not that I'm mad that he is early but, couldn't he text me saying oh i got an early flight home. "Does mom know you are home," I asked still shocked. "No, I planned on surprising y'all with breakfast and well, me" replied a very happy dad. Well if only he knew you can't get surprises through me. I wish i would have known, I could have helped him.

After we got all the hens back into their pins, we went inside to get washed up for breakfast. I hopped out of the shower to a delicious smell. I remember waking up every morning to this smell. That was till my dad went back to the military.

Once I was fully dress, i ran down stairs and into the kitchen. I only saw dad, which meant everyone else is still sleeping. "Do you need any help dad," "No hon- actually, can you go set the table for me." I grabbed all i could and made my way to the dinning room. "Annaleigh, what is that smell." i could hear my mom coming down the stairs, so i grabbed my dad's arm and shoved him into the pantry.

"What are you doing honey," asked a very confused mom. "Oh, I have a surprise for you. Well it's not just me it's." I reached a grabbed the handle and pulled it open. As soon as she could see who was behind the door she screamed. "MOM, What's wrong!" Oh great, here come more screams. "MO-, DAD, when did you get home," yelled both of my sisters. Next thing I knew it as was getting push aside and hearing a thud. I look up to see Abigail and Nirvana in a bone crushing hug against the door.

Well after breakfast I went back up to my room. I left my phone on my bed when I was working so I look and saw I had 8 missed calls and 10 messages. Take one wowed guess of who it is. Yep, it's Nicole. I can't go a day without her calling, texting, or than coming over but, I love her. I went through every message and the all said call me when you get this, so being the good friend I am I called her.

After two hours of non-stop talking, we finally agreed to meet up tomorrow at noon. The rest of my day consisted sitting on my bed reading or on my laptop. My dad came in a few times and sat with me. We just talked and planned our Fourth of July and my upcoming rodeo.

Just as he walked out of the room my phone went off. It was Nicole again reminding me about tomorrow. She also sent one after that saying she had some big news to tell me. I was to tired to texted her back, so I just fell asleep.