Chapter 10: A Day with Hunter

‘Beep Beep Beep’. My alarm on my phone went off.

Groaning, I reach over to my nightstand. I finally find my phone and shut the annoying alarm off. Today is the first day of school. Yesterday, Elaina and I went shopping for some last minute things.

I take a few minutes but soon get out of bed. I walk over to my ensuite and hop into the shower. I let the warm water droplets relax my tight muscles. A minute later, I start to wash my hair. I normally take my showers at night, but last night I didn’t really have time.

Hunter came over to check to see if we have heard from his mom. He stayed for awhile talking to my dad. I went to my room after the first thirty-minutes. Then forty-five minutes after I left, he showed up at my door. His every muscular frame leaning against my door.

We sat in some chairs I have in my room, just catching up on some things. He told me he had two little sisters, Rachel who is 6 and Casey, 3. He also told me he has an older brother. His name is Brad, and he is 21.

I looked at my clock and it was 11, so we said our goodbyes and he left. I soon fell asleep. Now here I am getting ready for the first day of my Junior year.

Once I was done, I wrapped my naked body in a towel and threw my hair into a bun. I walked out of my ensuite and to my closet. I grabbed a camo t-shirt, some jeans with rips at the knees, and a pair of boots. I got dressed and went back to my ensuite.

I took my hair out of the bun and ran a brush through it a few times. I plugged in the hair dryer and started drying my hair. 10 minutes later my dark brown hair was straight. I added some mascara to my lashes and ran down stairs to the kitchen.

There was a bowl of cereal sitting on the kitchen island. There also was a note sitting beside it.

Dear Annaleigh,

    I had to leave early for work. Sorry I couldn't make you a nice breakfast. I will make it up to you tonight. Have a great first day!

                                    Love you,

                                           Mom

Once I was finished with my breakfast, I checked the time. I read 6:48 on my phone. I have to be in school by 7:30. My school is 15.6 miles away from my house. Which means it takes me 25 minutes to get to school each morning.

I run upstairs to my room to get all my things. My phone goes off as I exit my room. I check it as I go down the stairs. It is from Nicole so I answer it.

“Hey what’s-” I was soon cut of.

“When are you going to get here? I need you fast!” I pull the phone away from my ear, but I can still hear her. “Luke thinks I am cheating on him  with Hunter. HUNTER!!! Is this dude nuts? He knows he is my cousin.” She sighs

“Nicole, chill. I am about to leave my house.”

“Leave your house? Why haven’t you left yet? We are suppose to be here 10 minutes early.”

Crap, I totally forgot about that! “If you shut your mouth, maybe I can drive there in time.” I tell her as I get my keys and walk out the door. I’m walking to my truck when I remembered I forgot to lock the house up.

Nicole sighs, “Fine. Please hurry.” I just hung up the phone, tired of this conversation.

See the thing is, she says, “Oh, we will hang out more this year” but we never do. That conversation, when I get there she won’t even talk to me. That is why I just hung up on her butt.