Safe

You and the gang were going out to ambush Cornwall. It was the night before the attack and everyone was trying to prepare and get rest. You and Arthur were in your tent laying with each other.

"Please be careful tomorrow y/n" Arthur said as he twirled a strand of your hair.

"Arthur i'll be fine" you smile. "I'll have you there fighting with me".

He chuckled. "Well, thats true, I won't let anything happen to you".

~

Early the next day, you woke up to voices outside your tent. Arthur, Dutch, and Micah were talking. You got dressed and walked out.

"Ah there she is" dutch said.
"Finally" Micah said rolling his eyes.
Arthur shot him a look and turned towards you smiling.
"We were just talking about our plan for today" Dutch said.

"Alright, what are we doing?" you asked.

Arthur put an arm around you. "Well you and me are going to wait back until Micah's distraction works, then Dutch will give the signal to fire".

"Okay! Looks like we have a plan" dutch turned around and headed for his horse.

"Lets ride!"

~

The four of you waited until Cornwall and his men rode by. You and Arthur were hiding in an old shed close to the road waiting for Micah to distract them. Just then you heard Dutch whistle, Arthur and you started shooting, killing four of the men surrounding Cornwall.

"Move up!" you heard dutch yell.
You and Arthur crouched and were running towards a few crates for cover when it happened. It all happened so fast. The loud shot, Arthur's face when he saw, and the sharp stinging pain in your side. Everything was muffled, probably because you were in shock. You lay there, blood flowing out of the wound faster than you could hold it in, Arthur dropped to the ground and crawled over to you, as there were still bullets flying every which way.
"Y/n! Listen to my voice! Stay awake it's okay!" You heard Arthur yell In a shaky voice before blacking out.

Arthur whistled for his horse, carrying you over to her and carefully laying you across her rump. Without even telling Dutch he was leaving, he raced to the nearest doctor, which was miles from here.
~A week later~
When you woke up, you felt a small pain in your side, and then everything came back to you. The plan, Cornwall, Arthur's face when he saw you laying there in a pool of blood, the shot that nearly ripped you away from him. You tried to say something, but your voice was hoarse. You looked over and saw Arthur. He was sleeping beside you, you were laying in your shared tent back at horseshoe overlook.
He woke up when you moved slightly. His face was suddenly full of joy when he saw that you were awake.
"Y/N!" He smiles brightly "I'm so glad you're awake!".
He helped you sit up slowly.
"Arthur.. how long was I-"
"A week" he said solemnly.
"You look terrible" you chuckled.
"Well I haven't really been sleepin' Well here and there but.. I wanted to be here when you woke up" he said smiling.
"Thank you Arthur".
"No, don't thank me. It's my fault you're here. I should have never let you go with us" he said.
"Arthur no. This isn't your fault. Do not blame yourself.. it was an accident" you reached up and moved a piece of hair out of his face.
He crawled up onto the mattress with you and you felt his tight embrace. You had never felt more safe than in his arms.

Wowie. 154 reads! Thank you 🖤