The "Break Up"

"Arthur we need to talk..." you said before letting out a slow shaky breath.

"Sure whats wrong?" he asked looking concerned.

"Well... this life is unpredictable, and I dont want to risk us getting closer only for me to loose you, or for you to loose me... we-.." you paused as a tear slid down your cheek.

"We should stop seeing each other" you forced out finally.

He looked at you now, his expression going from confused to panicked. He didn't say anything, not for a good minute. Finally he spoke, but it was a hoarse whisper.

"Y-Y/N, you cant be serious, I promise we wont get hurt I-I promise" he said getting more and more emotional by the second.

"Arthur you cant guarantee that you wont get shot tomorrow, or that I wont." you argued.

He started crying now, it was silent, and that's what made it so much worse. You saw a few tears fall from his eyes.

"Arthur... don't cry. I won't be able to handle this if you cry. Not now." you pleaded.

He looked up at you, the pain clear in his eyes and the only thing he could force out was "Did I do something wrong?" in a painful whisper.

"Oh god Arthur, no... in fact, its the opposite. You did everything right" you said trying to force a smile onto your face.

He backed up against the wall before weakly letting himself slide down it, his face buried in his hands. You didn't know what to do, clearly this was a mistake... how could he trust you after this? He was already left twice before this, part of you worried you cut the final rope he was holding onto.

"Arthur-..." you wanted to say something to him, but you didn't know what, so you just sat down beside him. He looked up at you, tears still streaming down his face.

"Arthur I'm so sorry" you quietly spoke before wiping his face off with your sleeve.

He closed his eyes, as if trying to hold back the tears before leaning into you. You sighed before placing your arms hesitantly around him. God what were you thinking? How could you leave a man like this... over something as silly as fear?

His breathing calmed down, and so did yours, which was going very rapidly before he hugged you.

"Arthur its late, I need to go back to my tent" you said nudging him awake.

He had fallen asleep on your shoulder.

"W-Wait... Please stay with me, just tonight?" he pleaded, his voice hoarse from crying earlier.

"Arthur I dont know-..." you said.

He grabbed your wrist and gently pulled you onto the bed with him.

"Please" he whispered.

"Alright, just this night okay?" you said, telling yourself this more than him.

"Okay, just this night" he agreed, you both knew very well that it wouldn't be just one night.

Hello! thank you for reading! ily and also....

WE HACE 4.K READS NOW YAYY TY SO MUCH!!