1

"Do I really have to?" I grunted as Cara pulled my hand out of the car and to her boyfriend, Brian's house.

"Yes." She said sternly.

"Whyyyyy?" I whined.

"Because you are my best friend forever." She stated.

I sighed and gave up trying. I've been telling her how much I don't want to go to the party since two weeks ago. Two weeks! But she just kept pushing me over the edge. Now we are at Brian's birthday party.

I know right. Unbelievable. For a guy to have a birthday party. But this is Brian we are talking about, one of the most popular guys in our school. So there's no doubt that he has to throw a party for every little thing he achieved.

"Hey, look who finally decided to show up." Brian greeted as he walked over to Cara. He hugged her and gave her a peck on the lips. I smiled watching how in love they are.

"Sorry B for being late. Someone was being childish." Cara reasoned as she glared at me. I raised my eyebrows.

Brian chuckled. "Typical Vicky."

I gasped and put a hand on my chest where the heart is. "Oh, you know me so well. I'm so touched." I mocked as I wiped my imaginary tears.

They both rolled their eyes playfully.

"Come on, let's go to the VVIP section I have reserved for you guys." He said, winking at Cara before walking ahead.

Cara turned to me and whispered, "I love him so much."

I giggled as I see my best friend happy. I nodded my head and patted on her shoulder. "Come on. I wanna see if we have our own special food." I joked.

Cara smiled and started walking. I followed behind her like a lost puppy. I have always hated the crowds. They make me feel so dizzy with the amount of people here.

Suddenly I bumped into someone. I sighed. "Sorry," I apologized, not sincerely.

"Don't apologize if you are not even being sincere." The guy spatted and that was when I lost it. I shot a glare up at him, just to lock my eyes with a hot guy.

Typical romance novel, bumping into a hotstuff and fell in love in the first sight. Well, thank God it's me, because I don't really give a damn about a greek god like him or whatnot, not when I already have somebody else in my heart.

"Anything that makes you sleep at night." I muttered and started to walk pass him. But before I could even get away, he grabbed my arm and turned me around forcefully. I almost winced.

He stared into my eyes intently for a slight moment before he spoke out, "You are annoying."

I widened my eyes as he said that but quickly covered it up. I gave him a smile and say, "Then you should be grateful because you won't see me ever again. Goodbye."

With that I walked away, and started to search for Cara and Brian.

***

As I walked into the school's hall, the first thing I saw was Brian and his friends grouping in front of the lockers. I slowed my walking pace down, thinking whether I should greet him or not. I don't really like his friends that much, except for him of course, and also one particular person in that group.

"Hey, Vicky." Brian said, interrupting me from my thoughts. Well, okay.

I gave him a slight smile which didn't reach my eyes, before trying to walk pass him and his friends, eager to get away after seeing his friends' amused faces.