13

I cupped Lucas hand which was on my cheek and gently put it away from my face. I looked down guiltily, afraid to meet his eyes.

Afraid if they do, he would read my thoughts.

He seemed to notice this as he slowly pushed my head back up with using his thumb and fore finger so I would look at him. But after he did that, I instantly closed my eyes very tightly, scared of what might happen to our friendship if I decided to open them.

"Victoria.." He called me out.

"Angel, look at me." I continued shutting my eyes close.

"Victoria, please, look at me.. please." He pleaded.

I refuse to open my eyes.

But then I realized. This is the wrong thing to do, especially after he has trusted his past with me. I decided to contemplate with myself before I slowly open my eyes. After my eyes were fully opened, the first thing I saw was his worried expression. But only for a second, as it was already gone and got replaced with a sigh of relief.

"What's wrong, hm?" He asked as if he was cooing a baby, and pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear gently.

I don't know how to tell him about me, I don't want to disappoint him. I don't want for him to think that I am no difference from his mom.

"I.."

"Yea?" He encouraged me. "You know you can tell me anything."

I shook my head and sighed, feeling defeated. He also sighed, and embraced me with a tight but gentle hug which made me feel at ease in an instant.

We stayed like that for a while until I decided that it is time for me to think about this situation thoroughly. "I have to go home."

"You can stay here for the night." He whispered.

I put my palms on his chest and softly pushed him to break the hug. I looked him in the eyes, "I need to go home."

He stared at me for a short while before running his fingers through his hair and sighed, "Okay. Let me get my car keys."

"It's okay, I can take the bu-"

"You. Are not taking the bus no more, okay?"

I frowned, "Why not?"

He held my shoulders with both of his hands, "It's too dangerous." He then left me and walked upstairs.

I seriously don't know what to do in this situation. His mom has left him when he was a kid, surely that incident is still traumatising him so badly.

What will happen if he comes to know about me, too? I can't bear to see him getting hurt again. I need to think of a way to break whatever I have with him so he would not feel the same way he did when his mother left him.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Lucas spoke, "Come."

I gazed at him, I will never forget you. He raised his eyebrows at me and smiled. I blinked twice and smiled back at him before I followed him outside to his car.

***

I groaned as I got woken up by an annoying sound of my alarm. I patted my bed in search for my phone, and when I finally found it, I immediately turned the alarm off. Sighing, I went back to my dreamland.

"WAKE UPPPPP."

I jolted awake and instantly sat up as I searched the owner of that annoying voice. Who the heck wake me up so early in the morning? Let me sleep, for goodness' sake.

"Sis, just look at the time! We are incredibly late!" Cara said as she put her hands on her hips.

I furrowed my eyebrows and took a glance at my digital clock which is on the nightstand. I gasped, "Oh fudge!"

I quickly stood up and dashed to my bathroom to do the business. Then I walked out and went to my walk-in closet and grabbed a dress randomly. Not bothering to fix my hair, I grabbed my backpack and my purse and ran downstairs with loud footsteps.

"Your shoes?" Cara reminded me. I looked down on my feet and saw that they were bare.

"Shit." I muttered and went upstairs once again to get my shoes.

I sighed as we got into our first class of the morning just in time. Cara and I went towards our seats and sat with a loud 'thud'.

"Guess someone had a tough morning." A voice behind me spoke. I turned around to see Zander smirking. I totally forgot he is in this class with us.

"You guessed right." I huffed.

He curved his lips into a smile, "Thanks."

I gave him a confused look, "For what?"

He leaned onto his chair, "For your advice. Thanks."

"Oh, okay. I guess it turned out well?"

His smile fell, "Wrong."

"Huh?"

"It turned out incredibly well."

I giggled and shook my head, "Jeez."

The day went by fast and now it is already my last class. I talked to Cara about random things as we walked to her class. I decided to send her first before I go to my class as hers is on the way to mine.

After we have arrived, I bid her farewell and went to my class. Right after I saw the door to the class, I bumped into someone which made me lost my balance. I almost fell down when someone's arm made its way to my waist, preventing me from falling onto my butt.

I avoided to look at the person's face and started rambling instead. "Oh, thank you so much. And I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there. My mind was elsewhere and I didn't see where I was going and-"

"Victoria?"

"Huh?" I said and finally looked up.

What stood before me has took my breath away. What is he doing here? Is he a student in this school? Why haven't I seen him anywhere before? Oh, but there are rumors that says we are having a new student. Is it him?

I gave him my best toothy smile, "Nathan!"