11

I went back home at half past 7 in the evening. Once I was back, my mom threw me a lot of what-to-do's before I went out of the house. She told me to inform her first and not to forget to bring my medicines along and blah, blah, blah.

J was behind her laughing his ass off.

I sent my death glare at him, which caused mom to misunderstand.

"Watch your eyes, lady, or I swear you are going to be grounded for the rest of your life." She said pointedly.

I vigirously shook my head, "No, mom, I was not glaring at you. It was J, he-"

"What's going on here?"

Mom's, J's and my eyes shoot towards the voice who interrupted my reasoning. What stood before us made me grinned widely. I ran towards the person who already had his arms wide open for me and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Hi, princess." My dad greeted me with the nickname he gave me as he ruffled my hair.

"Hi, dad." I smiled contently as he put his chin on my head.

"You weren't like this when you saw me earlier." I heard my mom sulk from behind me.

"Of course, I'm her favourite parent, after all." My dad bragged, making me scoff.

We pulled away from each other. Then I ran to my mom and gave her the same passionate hug which I gave to my dad and mumbled a 'sorry'. She giggled and told me that it was fine.

Somebody interrupted our mother-daughter session with clearing his throat. "So... Are we going to have dinner or are we going to stand here for another two hours?" J asked mockingly.

I stuck my tongue at him. "You are just jealous."

"Jealous or not doesn't matter. I'm starving." He huffed and started to walk towards the dining room.

***

Time flew by fast and now I'm already back to the reality.

Bidding goodbyes to my family was the hardest thing to do. My mom kept telling me to do things and my dad wouldn't let me get into my bus. My brother, well, he was playing with his phone the entire time.

Right now I'm choosing some decent clothes to wear because Lucas suddenly invited me to have dinner with him in his apartme- I mean, penthouse. I don't even know why I'm getting so worked up over this.

Sighing, I decided on my usual clothes. It's just a dinner, right?

I dried my wet hair and braided it into twin tails. Then I put some lip gloss on as I usually have dry lips. After I was done with everything, I went out of my bedroom to wait for Lucas in the living room instead, as it would take a much more little time.

Suddenly someone knocked on my door. I flinched at the sound. I almost forgot that my door bell has to be fixed. Thanks to Lucas, I remember now.

Right on time.

I opened the door to see a very toned man with suits. He is wearing sunglasses and his hands are in his pockets. He looked very serious, it kind of scared me a little.

"Ms. Maurice?"

"Yeah?"

"Come. I'm here to pick you up. Sir has a business to take care of, so he requested for me to take you to his house instead."

I squinted my eyes at him. Can I trust this guy?

As if hearing my thought, he assured me that he could be trusted and showed me his card. Apparently he works under Lucas and is his personal bodyguard. Oh and his name is David.

But I am still not convinced. What if he is some kind of a serial killer?

David sighed and took out his phone. He dialed a number and put his phone on his ear.

"Sir," He greeted and then gave me the phone. I looked at the phone and back at him in confusion. He nodded his head as if telling me to take it. I hesitantly took it out from his hand and placed it on my ear.

"He-Hello?"

"Victoria?" The voice on the other end made me let out a breath of relief.

"Lucas.."

"Yes, it's me. What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"No, no. It's just that I wasn't convinced about you sending people to pick me up. But now I-" I was interrupted by a set of delicious laughters coming out of his mouth. Wait, did I just say delicious? Ew.

"Yea, baby. I asked David to pick you up. I'm sorry I couldn't do it, something suddenly came up and I need to finish it urgently."

"You need to finish it urgently.. We better postpone the dinner then." I suggested, a hint of disappointement was clear from the way I say it. Well I guess I am kind of disappointed.

"No! I-I mean, the work is not loaded so I can finish it easily with the snap of my fingers. I promise you, it will be finished before you even arrive at my house." He said quickly which made me giggle slightly.

"Okay. See you then."

After the call, I gave David his phone back and he guided me towards a black SUV. He opened the back door and I stepped inside. It was after he closed the door that I finally realized we have a driver. I rolled my eyes and cursed Lucas internally. Sick rich person.

We arrived at his penthouse after an exact 46 minutes of car ride. David opened the door for me and I stepped out of the car. Oh goodness I feel like a princess.

"It is because you are a princess." I heard a familiar voice answering my thought- wait, did I say that out loud?

Anyways, I searched for the owner of the voice and saw Lucas leaning against the door frame of the building. I smiled and walked towards him.

He pushed himself off of the door frame and started to also walk towards me. Once we are several centimetres apart, we stopped and just gazed into each other's eyes with smiles across our face.

"Sir." David interrupted our gazing contest as he bowed his head and greeted Lucas.

"David. Thank you for sending her to me." Lucas said, smiling at him.

I guess David was taken aback by what Lucas said to him as he looked at Lucas' face with wide eyes. Oh by the way he has taken off his sunglasses, which made his eyes visible to me.

But then he quickly swiped it off and nodded his head then walked away.

I turned my attention back to Lucas, "Where is he going?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "Dunno. Maybe out smoking."

I scrunched my nose up in disgust. I distaste that.

He chuckled by looking at my expression and put his left arm around my waist. "Come on, let's go in. I'm starving."

I giggled at his words. He reminded me of my lovely brother.