22

"Uh, thanks." I said awkwardly.

We continued to get to know each other more. Apparently he is a basketballer. That's why I thought he's very tall, he's even two inches taller than Lucas. Lucas is 6ft 2inc while he is 6ft 4inc. But he is not as toned as Lucas though.

He is the same age as me and is studying for business in a college not too far away from mine. Quinn, the girl from the other day who is also his childhood friend, is also studying the same course as him and they planned to run a business together in the nearest future. While Eric is studying law in some other college far away from theirs and also mine, he was here the other day because he's sweet enough to come back home to spend time with his besties.

Sandra, Kyle, Rebecca and Aaron are his college buddies.

I also told him about me and about Lucas, how we slowly got to know each other after Brian's birthday party. But he didn't seem too mused about it so I kept the story short.

"Duuuuude, why you made my lazy ass to come- oh hello, who's this?" Cara stepped in with all her glory. I introduced Cam to her and told her about how we met.

"I guess we should probably get going now." I informed.

Cam nodded his head, "Okay, sorry for taking too much of your time."

"It's totally fine, it was fun to know more about you and the other guys from last weekend."

We bid farewell but not before giving him my phone number as he requested for it.

Cara and I were on our way to go back home when all of a sudden I remembered the main point why we went to the mall in the first place. "Cara, we forgot about the dress!" I panicked.

She smirked, "don't worry your pretty little mind, I already bought it."

"What! But I haven't seen it yet. How would you know if I will like it or not?"

"Oh trust me, you are going to love it."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but shrugged it off anyway.

***

"You used his credit card?!"

"Well, I had to. Plus he wouldn't ever mind about it. So stop worrying."

I sighed, "He minds it or not is not the case, but my reputatio-"

Cara put her fore finger on my lips and shushed me. I huffed and averted my eyes towards the beautiful dress that is laying on my bed with all its glory. "It'll be fine. He will still love you so don't worry."

My eyes widened, "What do you mean still? He hasn't even told me whether he loves me or not."

"Yeah? I'll tell you then. He loves you." She rolled her eyes with a smile and walked towards the door.

But I don't think he loves me though. I mean, he has been treated me as nothing more than a friend and if he really loves me then he would've already confessed about it before. Plus I've already vowed to myself that I wouldn't share love with anybody since I will soon...you know.

"Wha- hey, where are you going?" I asked as I saw Cara walking out of my room and towards the stairs.

"Home. Brian's waiting for me." She yelled from downstairs.

I shook my head and crossed my arms onto my chest. I glanced over at the dress one more time. Looking at it makes me happy. Once I heard the front door shut and assured that Cara has already left, I squealed in happiness.

I couldn't wait to show the dress to Lucas.

***

Today is the day that I will pretend to be Lucas' girlfriend for the event. I would be lying if I said that I am not the least excited at all, I'm more than enthusiast.

Cara has once again came to my rescue to apply some makeups for me since I'm terrible with those. I usually do not wear makeups at all, but tonight is different. I need to make a good impression for Lucas and plus, there must be many rich and famous people in that party. And I definitely don't want to make myself seem like I don't belong there at all. Even if it's actually true.

Pff, no silly, I'm not wearing them to impress him. I mean, why should I?

Because you love him, duh.

Shut up, conscious.

All of a sudden my phone went off, indicating that I have a new message. I unlocked it and saw Lucas texted me. Talk about the devil.

Lucas: On my way to your house. Hope you're ready ;)

Me: No I'm not ready. I'm nervous as heck.

Lucas: Don't worry, I'll be with you for the entire time.

Reading this made my heart melts. He is too sweet for my own liking.

"Seems like someone's in love." Cara jiggled her eyebrows at me and I rolled my eyes at her playfully.

"Shut up." I muttered.

Suddenly a car horned from outside of my house. Cara and I looked outside from my room's window and saw Lucas' car.

"I'll get it while you get your mental ready." She said amusingly and went to open the front door for him.

I turned to look myself one more time in front of the body mirror. I twisted and turned to the left and the right to make sure I really look good. I fixed my bangs and let out a breath. Finally I took my purse and got out of the room.

"She'll come down soon." I heard Cara's voice as I walked down the stairs. I glanced at the person sitting across from her. He is wearing a dark brown suit and his hair is slicked back making him look like a prince. He is wearing yet again another watch I haven't seen him wearing before. Gosh I swear this guy have thousands of watch for his own collection.

The sound of my heels made them both looked at my direction. Cara with a proud smile and Lucas, uh, he kinda looks a little bit nervous. Like me.

I smiled shyly at him but he didn't return it immediately. He looks like he's distracted. His mouth hung open and his eyes widened as if he just saw something that he's never seen before.

"I'm ready." I said softly.

My voice seemed to make him return to the planet earth. He blinked twice and smiled warmly. "Shall we go then?" He asked as he offered his arm to me. I gladly took it and we walked out and towards his Audi.

"Have fun!" Cara said from behind us. I turned to look at her and mouthed a 'thank you'. She shook her head and blew me a flying kiss.

Lucas opened the car door for me like a gentleman he is. I went inside his car. He suddenly came closer and before I could think of the reason, I heard the 'click' sound. He put the seatbelt on for me.

"Safety first." He whispered and winked at me.

My face turned red as I muttered, "I could've done that myself."