14

"So, you are the new kid?"

Nathan and I are now going back home together. He wasn't joking when he said that he has a car of his own here in this town, and did I mention that it is actually a sports car? Nah? Yea, it is.

"Yeah."

"Why now? I mean, school is almost over."

"Well, my dad said that I was too spoilt. He told me to stop homeschooling and start socializing."

Okay, I can deal with that. But..

"Why now?" I asked him again. Like, why did his dad suddenly thought of it now and not earlier this year?

He sighed. "He just gained consciousness from a serious coma,"

Oh damn. Why do almost all of the people I know have such terrible family problems?

"Oh. I'm sorry. But I guess he is okay now, right?" I said, giving him my apologetic smile.

He shook his head and all of a sudden he chuckled, "Can you believe it? The first words he said after he finally woke up after 2 years were, 'Why are you here? You should be at school studying.'" He looked over at me and curved his lips, "He's fine now, just have to do weekly medical checkups."

I nodded and sighed in relief that I didn't hit any sensitive spots. The rest of the ride we talked about his family, turns out his dad is a retired singer and actor while his mom is a retired model. He has an older sister who is happily married with three sons. His sister is also a model while her husband runs a successful business.

Later on we finally arrived at my house. I unbuckled my seatbelt and thanked him for the ride.

"Do you wanna come inside?" I asked him, trying to be nice.

"No thanks. I have some other plans." He kindly declined.

"A busy guy, aren't you." I teased and he just chuckled. I got out from the car and closed the door behind me. I waved at him and waited there until I couldn't see his car no more. After that I turned around while adjusting my bagpack and unfortunately, bumped into someone.

"Oopsie." I muttered, looking down.

"Your friend?" The sound of the familiar voice immediately made me held my head up.

I smiled at him, "Yup."

He took a deep breath, as if to restrain himself from doing something, and sighed heavily. "He's quite the handsome guy."

"I know right," I agreed, "But shame, I can't see him more than a cool friend." I said, pouting my lips.

He frowned, "Why not?"

Remembering the incident from the bus where Nathan cried after listening to my story made me giggle, "He is a little too emotional, almost like a girl."

Lucas gave me a confused look before he gave me way to unlock the front door. I opened it and we both entered the house. I to the kitchen and him to the living room.

"Don't you have other things to do?" I asked him as I opened the cap to the mineral water bottle and took a sip of it.

"You mean like, messing around with you?" He asked mockingly while smirking.

I rolled my eyes and walked upstairs to take a quick shower. I got into my room not forgetting to lock the door. I grabbed my towel which was on the bed and walked into the bathroom. After adjusting the water's temperature, I stepped into the shower and sighed for finally be able to rid off the germs from my body.

I stayed there and washed my body for half an hour before stepping out and wrapped myself with my light blue towel. I walked out of the bathroom and went into my walk-in closet. I put on my undergarments, shorts and a plain grey T. I decided to let my hair dry on its own so I just went back downstairs to grab something to eat.

I walked into the kitchen while humming Lights On by Shawn Mendes when I saw a stern-looking Lucas. I instantly stopped in my track and my humming immediately dropped off.

I looked at him confusely, "Wha-"

Not bothering to let me finish, he asked, "Are you sick?"

I was lost of words. Why was he suddenly asking me that?

"W-Wh-What d-do you mean..?" I acted clueless but failed miserably.

The silence is killing me. He is just standing there without saying anything, just glaring at me as if I just stole a cookie from a jar.

After some time, he finally spoke, "Your house is a total mess! Are you really a girl or have you lost your mind?!" He exclaimed as he pointed the empty box of pizza on the kitchen counter and the glass I haven't washed yet on the sink.

I let out a breath I didn't know I held. "I was too busy, uh, uhm..." I put my hand on my head trying to think of the word, "Studying! Yes, I was too busy studying."

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, right. I bet you will be a failure as a wife."

"Oh trust me, I have already realized that fact a long time ago." I said boringly.

He raised his eyebrows, "But don't worry, I bet your future husband will love you too much that he won't even care about the messy house."

He then stared at me intently making my face heated up. I immediately covered it with my hands and groaned irritatedly before walking towards the cabinet and took out the cookies I saved for myself few days ago.

I walked pass him and sat on the couch. I grabbed my phone and started to scroll through it with one hand while the other hand I used for munching the cookies.

"Hey, I just got a text from my dad, he is calling me for work. I'll see you tomorrow?" Lucas said holding onto my shoulder as he stood behind the couch near me.

I turned my head around to face him, "Sure, bye." I waved at him with my hand which was holding the phone and smiled.

He smiled back, "Don't forget to lock the door." He said pointedly.

"Yes, father."