20

The game was very intense, everyone was dying to win, especially Lucas and Cam.

Half way the game, Rebecca and I gave up on playing as we never got to touch the ball and walked towards Sandra who was busy recording the whole thing. Quinn soon followed as she didn't want to be the only girl there but stayed quiet the whole time while gradually scowling at me.

Lucas and Cam, despite on being in the same team, decided to defeat each other instead, and the other team stood there confused. After 15 minutes of no one's winning, Kyle, Eric and Aaron started to join us.

Aaron saw Sandra holding her phone up as she sighed dreamily and he snatched it out of her hand.

"What's wrong with you?" Sandra whined.

He huffed and took her wrist, dragging her somewhere out of our view.

"Stupid lovebirds." Kyle muttered.

"Now, now, Kyle. Don't be jealous." Rebecca teased. Kyle snapped his head towards her, frowning, but then soon replaced it with a playful smirk.

"There's no reason for me to be jealous when I have you." He side hugged her and she blushed. Aww.

As I was silently admiring them, I heard someone grunted and immediately snapped my head towards the direction. There, I saw Cam who is clutching his stomach as he growled in pain.

I gasped and ran towards the direction that is soon followed by the others. Quinn, especially.

I squatted down at him, "Cam! Are you okay?"

"Do I look like I'm okay?" He spat.

I shook my head and stood up abruptly, facing Lucas. "What did you do?" I asked. In the corner of my eyes I saw Quinn and Eric trying to help Cam to stand on his two feet.

"Playing beachball." He shrugged. I sighed. I've never seen this side of him before and it is confusing me.

"Why don't you keep an eye on your guy so he wouldn't go around and hit others like he did to my best friend." Quinn sarcastically said. Cam frowned and whispered a 'shut it' to her.

I looked over at Quinn with a pair of apologetic eyes, "Look, we are so sorry. Lucas didn't do it on purpose, I promise." I tried to reason.

"Oh, he actually did." Cam muttered.

I averted my eyes to him, "I'm sorry." I apologized shamefully. I thought I could get some new friends today, but I guess it wouldn't be happening.

"It's not even your fault, someone else should be apologizing instead of you." Eric spoke out for the first time, while his eyes staring at Lucas accusingly.

I looked over at Lucas to see him already staring at me while clenching and unclenching his fists. I raised an eyebrow and he copied me, as if to dare me to demand him to say sorry.

I sighed and looked down. Suddenly the sand is extra pretty today.

Cam soon went away with Quinn and Eric supporting his side.

"Don't worry about them, their friendship is just too powerful." Kyle suddenly said which made me jolted a little. I looked at him and smiled softly.

Rebecca nodded in agreement, "Yeah, those three have been stick together since they were in diapers." She let out a small giggle.

After they consoled us and told us that they believed my words earlier, we exchanged phone numbers in hope that we could maybe meet again sometime in the future. By we, I meant by Rebecca and I.

"We need to go now, I'm taking Rebecca to my family dinner." Kyle stated and I gasped. They are probably getting married.

"Okay. Bye. Good luck." I specifically dedicated the last line towards Rebecca and she sent me a playful glare.

After they were gone, Lucas sighed as if he could finally breathe properly and embraced me in a hug. My face heated up instantly.

"Time to go home now." He murmured.

I looked up at him, "What about Cara and Brian?"

"Forget about them. They are probably making out somewhere." He said casually. I gasped and pushed him off of me.

"Let's go." I muttered and started walking. I could hear him chuckling behind me as I walked faster to avoid his stare. He jogged towards me and slowed down when he was beside me, putting his arm on my shoulders.

"How about you sleep in my place?" He asked out of no where and I looked at him as if he had lost his mind. I shook my head, indicating I wouldn't, and he jutted his lips into a pout.

"The other way around, then." He casually concluded.

"No!" I protested.

He halted and turned to the side to face me. A glimpse of hurt was showed but he covered it up with a frown. "Why not?"

"I'm tired." I sighed.

"That is why, I'm crashing so we could chill together."

"Lucas."

"Victoria."

We made a little staring contest as none of us are backing off. I just want to sleep my head off tonight. Knowing him, I wouldn't get any sleep if he's around because he always makes my heart beats rapidly and I hate that feeling so bad.

I broke the stare, put my hands on my hips and let out a heavy sigh. "Fine." I muttered.

I looked back up to him and saw him grinning wildly. "I knew you couldn't resist me."

"You and your big mouth."

We went to Lucas' penthouse for a bit so he could pack some of his clothes. I asked him what for since he would just stay at my house for one night, and he replied with 'just in case'.

As soon as we got home, I immediately took a bath to relax my body's muscles. It's been a long day today and that was the first time I've ever been out of home that long. We literally stayed put at that beach since morning till evening. And now my body aches so bad.

After I was done clothing, I got out of my room and went downstairs to see Lucas laying on the couch, sleeping. I walked over to him and stared at his face.

He is so beautiful.

I decided to wake him up after I saw that he is still in his swimming trunks. I shook his shoulder lightly at first but he wouldn't budge.

"Lucas." No response.

"Lucas, wake up." Still no response.

"Lucas! Get the fudge up! You're ruining my couch with your body weight!" There we go.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes sleepily before looking up at me who is standing beside the couch. He grinned and I couldn't help but smile at his cuteness.

"Go take a shower. I will order dinner for us." I said, intending in pulling him up but failed miserably. He chuckled at my failure and stood up on his own.

"Chinese food?"

"Chinese food."