25

"Wh-What?" He knows?

"While you were sleeping, your mother called. I thought maybe the matter would be important, so I decided to receive the call for you." He explained while looking down. He paused and looked up to me, "Are you mad at me?"

Even at a time like this, he is still so considerate. I smiled softly and shook my head.

He let out a breath of relief before he continued, "She asked for you but I told her that you were asleep. Then I asked her if she has anything for me to pass down to you. At first, she was hesitant to tell me, but I assured her that I know everything about you.."

He searched for my eyes to see if I was okay with what he said to my mom. I pursed my lips and nodded for him to continue.

"She..She said that she had received a call from your doctor, and he told her that you actually are not having your presciption pills on time." He sighed, "Why, Victoria?" He whispered as he looked at me in the eyes with hurt expression.

I opened my mouth to say something, but when I couldn't find the words, I closed it. I shook my head in disbelief, "Why'd he told her that.." I muttered to myself.

Lucas clearly heard what I said because before I know it he snapped at me. "Don't tell me your mom does not have to know about that! She has every right to know about what's going on with her only daughter! If you listen to her last night, you could see that she's miserable! You could see that she's disappointed that her daughter had lied to her all this fu**ing time!"

I bit my lip, the tears are now threatening to slide down my cheeks. He has never gotten mad at me like this. But it's not like I did it on purpose! I just don't want my mom to be sad after knowing that I haven't had the pills properly on time.

He held my shoulders and shook me lightly, "Why, Victoria? Why, when I looked at your bottles of pills, they look like they have been untouched?" He whispered slowly, his voice shaking.

I looked down and fidgeted with the hem of my shirt. I couldn't bear to look at him in the eyes. It just hurts. It hurts to see that disappointment he is showing on his face. I blinked my eyes twice, so the tears wouldn't fall.

He took a hold on my chin and lifted my head up, so I could look at his face. Our eyes locked into each other, he's still waiting for me to answer his question. That was when I felt a tear rolling down my cheek. And then another. And then another. Before I knew it, I was a crying mess.

"It wouldn't change a thing.." I mumbled.

He frowned and retreated his hand from my chin, "What do you mean?"

I inhaled a deep breath and wiped the tears harshly from my face, "It wouldn't change a thing, okay! It doesn't matter if I ate a hundred or a lakh or even a million of those useless distasteful pills, I'm still gonna die by the end of these six months!"

I paused to give myself a chance to breathe, "It's useless." I completed.

All of a sudden my head aches so bad. I put one of my hands on my head to ease the pain but it wouldn't work. I began to grunt. Lucas' eyes widened upon seeing my situation and he quickly laid me back down onto the bed.

"It's okay, it's okay. I'm here.." He cooed as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"It hurts.."

"Shh, shh. I know, baby. I know." Lucas shushed as he looked around my room, obviously not knowing what to do.

"C-Call my d-doctor." I stuttered. He quickly caught up to what I was saying and immediately grabbed my phone from the nightstand.

"He-Hello? Dr. Rogue?" He began to speak through the phone. If my head wasn't hurting this bad, I would've laughed out loud hearing him called my doctor using that nickname I gave him.

"Please come. Victoria, she-" Before I could hear him say anything else, my vision began to get blurry. Seconds later, the darkness had consumed me completely.

***

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Be-

Urgh. My head is thumping loudly. This beeping sound isn't helping at all. I furrowed my eyebrows in annoyance and lifted my arm so I can use my hand to hold onto my throbbing brain.

"Urgh.." I grunted.

"She's awake.. Jackson, quick, call the doctor." I heard a feminine voice whispered from beside me. I tried to open my eyes but they wouldn't budge. After the fourth attempt, they finally opened up.

I regretted my action immediately as the brightening lamp blinded my eyes. I squinted my eyes and rubbed them gently to adjust myself.

I took a glance beside me and instantly saw my mom, her both hands were on her chest and she sighed in relief. She freed one of her hands and held mine.

"How are you feeling, honey?"

I nodded. "B-Better, I g-guess." I said, my voice sore.

My mom released my hand and took a bottle of water from the little table which is beside my bed. She opened the cap and handed the bottle to me. "Drink some water. You need it."

I slowly nodded and took it from her. I let the room-temperatured water rushed down my throat as if I hadn't drank for a whole year. After I was satisfied, I took the bottle's cap from my mom and closed the bottle with it. Then I put it back onto the table.

All along my mom watched my actions as if I was planning something out of the ordinary. I gulped. I know I need to explain the reason why I hid that from her. But I also know that no matter how much I would try to explain, she wouldn't understand. No one ever understands.

But that does not change the fact that I have to.

I cleared my throat, "I'm-"

All of a sudden the sound of the door opening could be heard. My mom and I turned around to look at who it was. It was Dr. Rogue. Well great, things will get even more exciting now. Note the sarcasm.