15

Lucas' POV

I parked my car in front of her house and took a glance at my watch. She is probably still at school. I waited in my car patiently while waiting for her to come home.

But then I suddenly realized something. I wonder how would she get home now, since I've restricted her from taking the bus.

Oh God, I'm such a fool. I should've offered her a ride to and from school. Sighing, I put my finger onto the ignition but before I could press it, I saw a car slowing down near her house. I wonder if that's her.

Yup, that is her. She walked out of the car with a smile on her face before waving at whoever inside it. I was so curious to know who it is, is it a boy? I stepped out of my car to get a better look and indeed, it is a boy. He looks like that typical badass boy who fell in love with the typical nerdy good girl.

I never knew she has another guy friend other than Brian..and me. It kind of made me feel some kind of a betrayal. What is this feeling? Am I jealous?

After the car was gone she turned around, but she didn't see I was right in front of her so she bumped into me. I heard her mutter an "Oopsie" which made my lips curved a little. I asked her who was that boy, and she said he was a friend of hers.

I almost sigh in relief when she told me that she would never see him as more than a friend. I've never been so relieved in my whole life. But I was slightly confused when she said that he was too emotional, I didn't know that being emotional could make someone turned off.

Brushing it off, we stepped inside the house. She instantly went to the kitchen to get something to drink while I made myself comfortable on her couch. Soon she went upstairs to maybe take a shower or something.

Okay now I have no idea of what to do.

I studied her house a little. I have been here once but I had never get the chance to actually look around it. Not when she was feeling sad. Remembering that incident made me feel useless. I couldn't even do anything to ease her pain. Never have I ever been so useless in my whole life. I walked around and saw a picture of her family on a small table beside the TV.

The picture is when she was young. She looked so cute and chubby, making me grin. I did my very best to restrain myself from pulling my phone out to snap it and make it into my wallpaper.

Wait, what am I talking about? I've never been this crazy over a girl before. I'm pretty sure that this is just an infatuation and nothing more. But is it really?

I shook my head and put the frame on its place back. Then my throat suddenly felt dry. I went to the kitchen to get something to drink when curiousity suddenly hit me making me look around the kitchen too.

No, I'm definitely not stealing, I'm just looking around.

I opened her cabinet and saw a pack of cookies which has already been half eaten. She sure is something. Why didn't she keep it inside the fridge, I wonder. I closed the cabinet and went to the next cabinet which was beside it.

I opened it and what I saw made my heart skipped a beat.

They were bottles of pills. What kind of pills are these? I took one bottle to inspect the name for it but before I could find it, I heard light footsteps coming down the stairs. With panic, I quickly put it back inside the cabinet and closed it.

I waited for her to come here so I could ask her about the medicines. I just don't understand, is she sick? I was thinking too deeply about this that I didn't even realize that I was frowning.

I felt her halting her move and that brought me back to the reality. I looked at her and saw her frightened face. Why is she looking like that?

"Are you sick?" I asked her.

By looking at her face, I knew that she actually doesn't want me to know about it. I decided to change the subject and in the meanwhile, made a mindset to look this matter up.

I am kind of eager to know why she keeps the pills, but I also know that she wouldn't tell me. So I decided to do what I do best, that is to look up for her informations.

Nodded my head mentally, I walked towards her and told her a little lie. I told her that my dad is calling for me when really I need to know why she keeps the pills. After saying goodbye, I walked out of her house making sure to close the door tightly, and rushingly went to my car. I turned the ignition on and immediately speeded to my mansion.

I arrived at my place and the guards instantly recognized my car. They pressed the controller for the gate to open and I drove inside and parked my car with my other 4 cars in the garage. I decided that I rather spend my money for business and not for collecting cars which I will most probably not going to use frequently.

I stepped in my mansion and went straight away to my office room which is just beside my bedroom. On the way, a maid greeted me with a bow and I just nodded my head not bothering to look at her properly. I don't have time for it, I need to look up to something very important.

I opened my office's door with a loud bang and straight ahead went to my computer.

I switched it on and in no longer than 20 seconds, I started the work.

I waited patiently for her data to finally be completed for me to observe. I bounced my knee rapidly, hoping it would go faster.

And here it is.

I smirked at my usual success in gathering other people's informations while scrolling through hers.

Name is Victoria Kalie Maurice, age is 18, parents are Carter and Mikayla, a younger brother name Jackson, bla bla bla...

...is seriously ill since 15 years of age?