38

Victoria's POV

The first thing I did when I woke up was hearing some people talking in hush voices not far from me. I opened my eyelids slowly before the ceiling of the hospital room welcomed me.

"Shh, we'll talk about this later." My mom whispered to my dad and he just nodded. Then they walked up to me and sat on the chairs beside my bed.

"Hi sweety, how are you feeling?" My mom asked softly as she caressed my hairless head. I smiled and nodded, indicating that I'm feeling okay. Suddenly I feel so tired to even speak, as if I didn't just woke up from a long ass sleep just now.

"Here hun, drink some water." My dad said, passing a bottle of water to my mom. She then opened the lid and brought it to my mouth. I drank it ever so slowly.

My eyes looked around the room, searching for my brother and a certain someone. But to my dismay, they're nowhere in my line of sight. My mom, noticing it, said, "They're at the cafeteria. I asked them to buy some snacks."

Oh, so he is here. I hope he'll come up soon. I miss him.

As if on cue, the door to the room got opened and there he was, standing at the doorway with a plastic bag in his hand. He still has the habit to not knock on the door before opening it. The corner of my lips twitched.

His eyes landed on me and they widened for a slight moment before they softened. He passed me a smile and walked up to me. He put the plastic bag on the small table which was beside my bed before he greeted me with a 'Hi'. I greeted him back in a whisper.

Slowly, I moved aside towards my parents a bit before patting the side of my bed. "Please sit." I croaked out. He chuckled and sit on the bed, his eyes never leaving mine.

All of a sudden I felt giddy as the butterflies in my stomach couldn't stop flying around.

"We'll just go out for a moment." My mom said making me looked at her in a questioning way.

My dad cleared his throat, "You two take your time." With that, both of them walked out of the room and closed the door. I raised my eyebrows at that. J is still here, he is leaning against the wall with his arms folded across his chest. He smirked at me, making me squinted my eyes at him.

Suddenly the door swung open and I flinched. My mom walked towards where Jackson was standing and dragged him outside. And then she closed the door with a slam.

Okay then...

A warm hand made its way to my cheek and made me shuddered for the sudden contact. I looked at the owner of the hand, he's staring at me as if he's trying to make his way right into my soul.

"Victoria.." The way he said my name with his husky voice, made me closed my eyes in contentment. "How do you feel baby?" He asked me as he inched his face closer to mine.

I nodded, still not opening my eyes. I could feel his minty breath fanning over my face. If this was in a normal circumstance, I would've backed away, not liking the feeling. But I don't know why I wouldn't back away from him.

Because you love him, duh.

Good point.

"Open your eyes." He whispered, but I was too lost in my own fantasy to open my eyes. He put his forehead on mine, "Open your eyes baby, or else you'll regret it." I still didn't open them. I heard him sighed. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

And with that, a pair of warm lips smashed onto mine. My eyes immediately widened in surprise.

He's kissing me.

At first, I didn't respond as I was too in shock. The guy I love is kissing me. He's moving his lips against mine softly yet hungrily, as if he's been waiting to do this his whole life.

Wait, does this mean that he loves me too..?

My thoughts were interrupted as he grunted against my lips, "Kiss me back, dammit."

He didn't have to tell me twice. I kissed him back with the same passion, our lips moved and molded together perfectly, as if they are meant to be.

Seconds felt like minutes and minutes felt like hours before I almost felt like I couldn't breathe. I tugged on his hair asking him to stop and he reluctantly released my lips. And then he pecked my lips once, twice, thrice, before he put his forehead back on mine. His hands which were cupping my face this whole time slided down to my neck, caressing it gently.

"God, I love you."

I mentally whispered to myself and smiled, wishing that I could tell him that for rea-

Wait a minute. I don't know if I was just imagining it but I think my voice has became manly again.

"Victoria, please say something." Lucas said, which almost sounded like a plea.

"Huh?" I asked dumbfoundedly.

And that was when I realized...

DID HE JUST CONFESS??

"I-I'm sorry, p-please don't cry." He stuttered and brushed both his thumbs over both my cheeks. That was when I realized that I'm actually crying right now. "I-I promise I won't say it again, please don't h-ha-hate me." He pleaded, struggling when he said the word 'hate'.

Realizing what he had told me, I frowned and shook my head vigorously. I held a sob which threatened to come out before encircling my arms around his neck.

His body tensed for a moment before he relaxed and put his arms around my waist, tightening the hug, and nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck.

"I love you more." I told him sincerely.

Suddenly he put his hands on my shoulders and pushed me away from him. I gulped and looked at him in the eyes, afraid if I was actually misunderstanding it.

"Really?" He asked.

"Huh?"

"Do you really love me?"

"I-I do."

He grinned from ear to ear, showing his perfectly straight and white teeth before he engulfed me back in a tight hug, "Well, shame on you because I love you more!!"

And then, we both laughed at ourselves.