46

"What the fuck, Brian? Untie me right now!" I spat at my cousin's face, but he just stared at me amused as if all of this is just some stupid joke to him.

I was surrounded by him, Brant, the bastards from the beach and Victoria's stupid gay friend Nathan. I looked around and saw that we are in some kind of a hall. A dark, massive, echoey hall. It's hard to see anything in here. Nathan is holding a torchlight and he is pointing it at me, making it looks like I'm about to be questioned about some criminal shit I did.

"He's struggling. I've never seen the Lucas Carter William struggling before. This is fun." Brant said in his usual playful tone that I used to not have a problem with at all. But right now all I want to do is just to step on his throat so he couldn't speak for the rest of his life. Or live at all.

"Where is Victoria?" I asked calmly even though I'm beyond pissed right now. They don't notice it but I'm almost done in untying the rope from my wrists. I smirked internally so they won't suspect anything.

"You really think we're going to tell you? I thought you are better than that." The dude from the beach scoffed. I forgot his name, is it Camila? Camellia? Why do my mind always comes out with women's names for men?

After one last twist and turn, I'm finally free. Now I can smirk for real. "You know what? Never mind. I can just force you to tell me."

And with that I swung my fist towards the other dude from the beach. This one I know what his name is. It's Erica. I could hear his bones crushing from the impact before he fell onto the floor with a loud 'thud'.

"Why the fuck me?!" He grunted and cupped his now fractured jaw.

"Because your face is ugly." Brian said in a 'duh' tone.

"No he's not!" Nathan protested.

I brushed away their stupid conversation in the back of my mind before I began to stalk towards Cam. I decided to just call him Cam since I forgot his full name. He noticed my movement and quickly backed away. "Whoa whoa whoa!"

"Where. The. Hell. Is–" I couldn't continue my words as Brian and Brant stopped me by grabbing both of my arms. I shrugged them off but they just grabbed me again.

"Dude!" Brian called out to me.

"Okay! Okay! Game over!" Brant exclaimed.

"Vicky, we can't take this anymore! Hurry the freak up!" That was Nathan. My mind's too busy in attacking the bastard in front of me that I didn't bother to wonder what he's talking about.

Suddenly the dark hall lit up, making me shut my eyes tightly at the sudden brightness. I covered them with the back of my hand. What the hell is going on?

I didn't have time to protest when Brian and Brant turned my body around at a hundred and eighty degrees. My eyes were still shut, that was until I heard the most melodic voice in the world.

"Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to Lucas,

Happy birthday to you." She sang shyly.

There, standing before me, is the love of my forever. She looks so beautiful with her short hair that is neatly combed with her bang pinned. She's wearing a baby pink floral dress which ends just below her knees and a pair of white sneakers that matched with my Nike's. She's holding a vanilla cake with frosting and strawberries on it.

"Make a wish." She whispered which made my heart beat a hundred times faster.

I took the cake away from her and gave it to the person who's standing near me. I didn't know whom I gave it to because my eyes are stucked on the beauty in front of me. She looked at me with furrowed eyebrows, probably wondering why I just put the cake away when I should be blowing the candles. She opened her mouth to ask but I beat her into it by collecting her in my arms.

"You scared the shit outta me." I exhaled.

"I'm sorry.. I thought I'd surprise you."

I laughed, "Well, you surprised me alright."

I loosened the hug and we stared into each others' eyes for a while before I decided that it's probably the best time to do what I'm about to do. "I might have a surprise for you as well."

Her eyebrows raised and her eyes widened, "What is it?"

Her expression didn't falter when I kneeled down in front of her and took out the small velvet box. She then put her hands over her mouth and gasped when I opened it.

"Victoria Kalie Maurice, will you make me the happiest man alive and do me the immense honor of becoming my wife and partner?"

"YES!" That was totally not her voice. I glanced at behind her and saw her best friend jumping up and down as if she was the one who got asked. I rolled my eyes and focuse back on the love of my forever.

"Yes, yes of course!" She chocked out and attacked me with the biggest hug ever. I almost stumbled back but thankfully managed to balance myself.

All of a sudden, the room was filled with people who made applauds. Some whistled and some told us to kiss. So that was what I did. I kissed her.

We were once in a situation where it seemed like there's nothing we can do to make it right. She had once told herself to give up. She was a miserable girl, but somehow she survived. Yes, she was miserable but she was also strong. And she came out of that operation room being stronger than ever before.

She is the light to my darkness and she will be that, forever.

"WHO WANTS TO EAT SOME CAKE?" Nathan shouted from behind me. I looked at him as if to tell him, 'really?'.

"Hey, that was Buddy's line." My love exclaimed and giggled.

"Well, he ain't here so." Nathan shrugged.

I shook my head, "Nobody's eating anything before I make a wish." Even though my wish had already been fulfilled.