Chapter 3

It was time to go to my office. I sighed while getting ready because I couldn't get enough sleep. I actually couldn't sleep at all.

This whole Ruby thing got me going crazy. Lea is back to babysitting me so that's a good thing.

After college, with the help of my parents, I opened my own architecture company. Being the boss has all of its perks, and being late whenever you want to is one of them.

"You'll be late again." Lea held the back door of my SUV open for me.

"Morning to you too." I winked at her and threw my charming smile on.

"You really are like your mother." She mumbled as she was closing at the door.

"Which one?" We chuckled and she replied.

"Both."

I got caught up to her beautiful vacation and all the things she did while being there.

"I'm so glad you got to rest a bit."

"I should be thanking you for a paid vacation." Lea grinned.

"It's the least I can do for you."

I got out of the car and walked into the huge building, with a coffee cup in my hand, like some cliche.

I was greeted by all of my employees on the way to the elevator. My office was of course, on the top floor. Lea followed and soon my main architect (and best friend) walked in.

"Hey, going up?" I asked Isla.

"On the way to your office actually. Thought you would already be there." She looked confused.

I mentally slapped myself for being late and I saw Lea smirk in victory too.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep at all last night so I feel like shit. Are those the new projects that are getting started on the 10th street?" I asked about the papers she held.

"Yes, I got you a sample of the blueprints too." Isla handed me the folder. The elevator dinged and we were finally on the 43rd floor.

We all continued walking to my office. Lea stood in front of my door, and Isla and me walked into my office.

It was huge. The view showed the whole city in your hand basically. It was beautiful.

"So, are you going to tell me why you haven't slept last night?" Isla sat in the chair in front of my desk, making herself comfortable.

"Ruby is back."

She shifted up from her seat and jumped a bit.

"She's back? How? Why?"

I filled her up on the details and twenty minutes later we were just sitting in silence.

Isla has been my best friend since college, beside Ruby. Her hair was curly and black. Her physique isn't bad at all, as she was pretty attractive. She has dark brown skin and matching eyes. She was studying architecture too, and when we finished and I decided to open this company, she didn't mind working under me. So our friendship and cooperation continued. Isla knew all about Ruby and let's just say she doesn't like her.

"That bitch." I looked up at her as she stood up. "And she didn't say anything to you after what she did to you?"

"She didn't even get the chance, I left as soon as I saw her."

"Well, I just hope she won't come after you. I know your little ass is still in love with her."

"What? No, I'm not!" What the fuck?

"Sure."

"Isla."

"Just know this. If she does come after you. She will get that heart. And I won't be the one healing it again." Isla said and walked out of my office.

Was she right? Am I really still in love with that woman?