Chapter 11

Audrey's POV

"Yeah... I just... I thought she would come. I was stupid to hope for such a thing."

Mom handed me a few napkins and hugged me.

"Hey, don't call yourself stupid. I'm sure Ruby just couldn't come, she would never leave you hanging like this."

"What if she would? What if I don't have a chance with her anymore? She hates me." My mother kept rubbing my back soothingly. I felt tears falling down my cheeks on and on.

"I don't hate you Audrey."

...

Hearing Ruby's voice felt unreal. I wiped the tears that stung my eyes as I took a step back from my mom to fully look at my ex standing in front of me. She was wearing a white polo shirt and tight black jeans along with a nice pair of elegant black shoes. Not much, but enough to make her look stunning and me drooling.

"Hello Ruby." My mother was the first one to speak.

"Hey there, Mrs. Porter." Ruby said as she scratched the back of her neck.

I didn't look at my mom at that moment, but my guess was that she gave her some kind of an intimidating look that made Ruby shrink in her skin. It was pretty obvious she didn't like it.

"I'm gonna leave you two now. Unless you want me to stay, Audrey?" Nicole placed a hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay, mom. We need to talk." I just looked at Ruby and then I felt my mother kissed me on the head before she left the room.

"Your mom is really protective." The brunette said when she looked at me.

"Runs through the family." I answered.

The tension in the room is almost unbearable. I suddenly realise we're still in the bathroom. But I didn't mind that, all I wanted right now is to talk this out with Ruby. I just went to the door and locked it so no one can interrupt us as I wanted to talk to her in peace and quiet.

"Audrey..." Ruby started, "Why do you think I hate you? If anything, I'm the one who should be thinking that you hate me."

"That night when we... you know." I gulped and Ruby just nodded weakly. "I crossed the line. I used you for my entertainment. I never thought about anyone's feelings then. Not mine and not yours. It was selfish and stupid. But I just wanted some kind of a... revenge I think." My ex looked down. "For what happened."

"I can't even begin to say how sorry I am about that." Ruby stepped closer to me. I think she wanted to touch me but sustained herself from that.

"I know you are." I took her hand in mine. Her eyes shined a brighter color when I did that. Like my touch is all she needed at the moment. Being honest, it was all I needed.

"I hurt you. Nobody deserves to be cheated on. But I wasn't thinking at all. The fight we had the night before made me go crazy so I just went out and... did it with the first person that approached me at the bar. Hell, I don't even remember the girl's name. My dumb self thought it would make me feel good, but it didn't. Because I lost you that day. And you were my all. You still are."

At this point, both of us were crying and holding tight to each other's hands.

"You were stupid, and you hurt me. I thought I could kill your dumb ass at that moment." We chuckled. "But you were also young, immature, mad, so you weren't even thinking rationally."

"Nothing can make the thing I did be okay." She said.

"You're right. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't get a second chance. That we shouldn't get a second chance." Her eyes lit up as she heard this. "I couldn't sleep without you, I didn't function right. We graduated and I got this company and everything, my moms helped me found it and that's all that's been in my life for these past few years. Nothing else, just work. And when you came in, I knew it was a sign."

"Working with you was the best thing that could happen. I'm glad universe brought us back together. Or that building on the 10th." I laughed. "In total honesty, I couldn't sleep either. And... I haven't been with anyone else since." Ruby looked down.

My jaw dropped. She didn't have another lover, no one?! That was batshit crazy. I mean, I never found another girlfriend, but a girl has her needs.

"What? No one? Not even for a night?" Ruby shook her head no.

"No. I couldn't bring myself to do it. My heart and my body will always belong to you. I know it sounds dumb but I..."

I crashed my lips to hers and I got into the long wanted kiss. Our lips melted perfectly. Ruby's hands weren't in mine anymore as I placed them around her neck and she immediately put hers on my waist, carefully. She was scared and I knew it.

We separated to grab some air and just rested our foreheads against each other.

"We need to get out of here, baby." I told her and she looked at me with lust in her amazingly blue eyes.

"Yes, we do."