Chapter 4

"Make sure you print those permissions, we need them for the upcoming project."

I told one of my employees as he walked out.

Not long after, my assistant beeped my phone.

"Yes?"

"Ms Porter, the main architect from the 10th street is here to see you."

"Send him in."

I continued organising the papers on my desk and didn't lift my head not one moment.

"Um... hi." The all to familiar voice said.

I brought my eyes up to see if it is her indeed standing in front of me.

"Why are you here?"

The folder in her hands was confusing. I don't know why was my ex standing in my office, but I didn't like it at all.

"The building on the 10th. I'm your architect. The company that wanted it made sure I was on the project."

I clenched my jaw at the unimaginable scene where I had to work with her.

Ruby approached me and handed me her folder while I was still speachless. Once she did it, our hands brushed and I looked deeply into her eyes. The thud of the folder dropping made me avert my gaze from hers and I knelt to pick up the papers.

"I still make you nervous, huh?" She asked, seeing how she made me feel the moment we touched.

"You think so highly of yourself." I said as I kept putting the papers back in.

"Well, I can see a girl is kneeling in front of me, so..."

"Uh, no. I see where you're going with this. Don't try to make it about sex." I said as I jumped from kneeling in front of her.

Ruby came closer and closer to me until I was pressed onto a wall.

"So what if I was trying to make it about sex?" She whispered seductively into my ear, nibbling on my earlobe. "I think you would like it." Then she trailed hot kisses down my neck.

"Ruby..." I grabbed a handful of her hair as I moaned her name.

...

"Audrey! Audrey wake up!" Isla was shaking me and I groaned. "You fell asleep on the table."

"Oh my god..." I rubbed my forehead, remembering what I dreamt about.

"There's something you need to know." I was scared of what was coming next. My best friend never talked like this.

"What?"

"Ruby is here. She's the architect on the 10th."

My mouth dropped to the floor.

"Oh fuck. Give me five minutes then send her in."

"Okay. But promise me you won't do anything stupid." Isla pointed at me with a threatening face.

"Just go." I waved her off before getting all my papers organized and making myself look descent in the mirror.

After a few minutes I beeped Isla on my office phone to let her in.

Ruby came in, looking gorgeous. I just stared at her for a couple of minutes. Why does she have to be so hot?

"Hey, Audrey."

"Listen, we are strictly business here until this project is finished. Don't mention anything about our relationship and we'll be fine. Does that sound good to you?" She nodded.

"Alright then, let's get started."