Chapter 10

Audrey's POV

The alarm on my phone went off and I stretched my arm out to turn it off. It was Saturday morning so I didn't have work today. But I'll be getting ready for my mom's big birthday party tonight.

Her decision to invite my ex-girlfriend almost had me go mad, but I figured it could be interesting so I just let it be. And also, I get to see my brothers. I wasn't very fond of Ethan ever since I met his fiancée that night. So I haven't really seen him since. But my little brother James is always a pleasure to see. He's in college now and also very busy.

I got out of my bed and walked into the bathroom to do my morning routine before I make myself some breakfast. But when I was done and got into the kitchen, I saw my breakfast was already waiting for me on the table.

Lea obviously decided to make it for me before she knew I was up.

"Good morning, boss." Lea walked in with a mug in her hand.

"Morning." I muffled through my mouth as I ate the eggs and toast she made me.

"You like it?" My bodyguard chuckled as she took another sip of what looked like tea in her mug.

I just nodded and she chuckled again.

"So, Isla called to say she will be here before the party tonight so you can go together."

"Okay. Have you called our driver yet?"

"No need, I will be driving you tongiht."

"Okay, sure."

I enjoyed the rest of my meal and talked to Lea about details for the party and the schedule for next week.

"I just gotta ask," she spoke again "How do you feel about Ruby coming tonight, really?"

I sigh, probably knowing this question was coming eventually. But still, I wasn't sure what to answer.

"How to put this," I look around, searching for the right words "The truth is, I think there are still feelings on my side. I actually feel some kind of excitement towards seeing her. Call me crazy, but I think she still wants something too. I'm just not sure what it is. Even though she hurt me like hell back then, I would probably be able to look past it. Once we talk it out first, of course."

"Yeah," Lea smirked and raised an eyebrow, "Talk."

"Shut up." I laughed.

"But seriously now, I'm glad Ruby may get a second chance. Everyone deserves it."

"I hope so."

I was putting the last touch of my makeup and Isla entered my room.

"Audrey," she gasped, "You look... wow."

"Thank you. You're not so bad yourself." I waved my hand towards her, pointing out her outfit.

Isla's jumpsuit was a piece of work. It was a dark green, shoulderless kind. It fell on her curvy, exotic body like it belonged there. Her black curly hair was now perfect and free from a bun or a ponytail. As for me, I decided to wear a long, maroon dress that had a big slit on my left side, showing my whole leg. It had a v-neck that went down to show a good amount of my decolte. Just enough to make you wonder.

Isla and I were admiring each other for a while until Troy came too.

"Oh, my..." He stood in the door frame, holding himself there dramatically, "You two look breathtaking." He came in to kiss me on the cheek. "You sure you gay?" Troy asked me and all three of us burst into laughter.