1st Day of Freshman Year(University)

"Do you have everything Lilith?" Mom was freaking out more than I was for freshman year.
I was fine until she started checking and rechecking everything. I got it, she was my mom. She wanted me to be prepared. But her freaking out wasn't helping me from freaking out. It just made it worse.
There was a knock on the window. I looked, it was Piper. Mom rolled down the window. "Hello, Ms. Robinson."
Mom smiled. "Hey Piper, how are you? How's your family?"
"They are great. I'm good. Lili, I could really use your help." She opened my door.
I got out fast. "You two be careful. Lilith, you've got my number on speed dial."
I bugged my eyes out at her and waved her goodbye as I escaped. "Thank you for saving me."
"I knew you needed help as soon as I walked up on the car." Piper laughed.
I groaned. "It's not funny. I love her but she wouldn't stop this morning."
"Why don't you get a dorm or something and you wouldn't have to worry about it." We walked the hall going to our very first class of the year.
I shrugged. "Mom wouldn't allow it. Especially, when we live only twenty minutes away. It would be less money she has to fork out for school."
That was one of the things I loved about mom. She saved money. She pinched her pennies until she couldn't pinch anymore. That is how I got into school plus I had a scholarship.
My dad left when I was little. So, it had been mom and I ever since then. We had been through everything together. We had the ups and the downs. She was probably the best mom anyone could ask for.
I felt a sharp pain on my shoulder. I stumbled, Piper catching me. I looked up. I was meet with green and grey eyes.
"Why don't you watch where you are going?" He said.
"I'm sorry." I frown.
I heard a voice behind me. "Johnny Rose, stop causing problems and get into my office."
He rolled his eyes. "It's not your fault. I shouldn't have bit your head off."
"Mr. Rose." The headmaster yelled for him again.
He sighed. "Excuse me."
I stepped to the side, letting him go by. I looked back, when I did he did too. He smiled. I smiled back and turned to head to class.
"You so have the hots for him." Piper was all teeth.
I shook my head. "He seemed okay, I guess. I'm not looking for relationships. I am here to learn."
She started in. "Lili, when will you ever get a boyfriend. Highschool, you stayed single. Are you going to stay single your whole life? You should really get out there."
We took our seats. "Tell her Oliver."
Oliver looked back at us. "Sure. If, that is what you want to do. Then get out there and meet some people."
I looked from Piper to Oliver. "I am fine. I don't need to date. I just want to go to school. Get my degree and get out of here. So, will you please let me do that?"
Oliver nodded and Piper backed away. "Alright, old maid."
I shot her a look. I turned back around. I loved my friends. We had been friends since middle school. Oliver Hart was a nerdy yet musical jock. He wanted to do it all. He loved theater, sports, and school. The perfect kid, his parents always bragged on him. But he hated it. He rather them just keep their mouth shut.
Piper Morgan, she was smart. She just liked hiding it. She loved extracurricular activities and partying. She always had some guy after her. They'd get their heartbroken because they weren't what she was looking for. Sometimes, I didn't think she knew what she was looking for.
As for me, Lilith Robinson, I just wanted to get school done and over with. I had straight A's and sometimes B's. I didn't party. I liked staying home watching movies and reading. I liked to go camping in the fall and drunk way too much coffee. Boring compared to my lovely friends.
After the professor was done teaching, we all stuck our noses in our textbooks to do some work. At least some of us did. I could hear Piper on her phone. If it wasn't for her photographic memory, she would be failing.
"Umm." A voice cleared in front of me.
I looked up into the same green and grey eyes that I had meet in the hallway. "Yes?"
"You don't happen to have a pen, do you?" He gave a smile that would melt the hearts of probably every school girl around.
"Maybe." I stared at him.
He chuckled. "Can I borrow it?"
I shook my head. "Hold on."
I turned around to dig in my bag. Piper was eyeing me. "What?"
She leaned in to whisper. "You know you aren't going to get that pen back, right?"
"He better. He is borrowing it." I grabbed the pen turning back around.
I handed it to him. "Thanks."
"You're welcome." I went back to writing down notes.
He cleared his voice again. Now, I was getting annoyed. "What?"
"My name is Johnny Rose." He held out a hand.
I shook it. "Lilith Robinson. My friends call me, Lili."
I tried to take my hand back. He wouldn't let go. "Nice to meet you Lilith Robinson."
He let go of my hand and smiled, then turned back around. I had a note to fly over my shoulder. What now?

I opened it.

Someone has an admirer. You should go for it. If you don't, I will. -Piper

I wrote her back.

Go for it then. I'm not interested. The only relationship I need is, school. -Lilith

I heard her sigh behind me. I smiled to myself. I wasn't letting a boy get in the middle of me and school. I needed this. Because if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to get out and be on my own. I know I shouldn't want to grow up so fast. But I wanted to get it done and experience traveling. To go and see new places. Learn different cultures.
When the professor told everyone it was time to go, they all rushed out like there was a fire. I have never seen students get out of a class that fast. It wasn't a hard class, it was geography for crying aloud. It had to be the professor. He was boring.
Oliver caught up with Piper and I in the hall. "What do you two have next?"
I dug through my bag to find the paper with my classes on it. Which was useless because Piper had already answered. "We have history and lit together. Then we go our separate ways at the end of the day. I have speech and debate. Lili has theater."
"Sweet. I have lit with you guys. Then theater with you Lili." He smiled.
"That's great Oliver. I can't wait." I looked up at him.
Piper grabbed my hand. "Come on or we will be late. Later Oliver."
He waved. "What is the rush woman?"
She slowed down. "Johnny. He seemed into you."
I had completely forgotten. "Crap, I have to go get my pen back from him."
"Oh, no you don't. You let him have it. If he wants to give it back. He will find you." She hooked onto me like a leech.