Johnny's House

We sat outside his house. I was nervous and coming down off the high I had been riding all day long. I was going to be sick.
I opened the door. "Wait, do you want Oliver or me to go with you?"
"No, I have to do this by myself." I gave them a thoughtful smile.
I got out and went up to the front door. I stood there. What was I going to say? What was going to happen? If everything that Fox said was true, what would happen? I was a bit scared now.
I rang the doorbell. A man opened the door. "May I help you?"
"Is Johnny here?" I picked at the skin on my fingers.
"Whose looking for him?" The man was very serious.
I bit my tongue. "I am his friend, Lilith."
The man's face brightened up. "Lilith, it is so nice to meet you. We were wondering when Johnny was going to bring you around."
I gave the man a confused look. "I am Johnny's dad. You can call me Dexter."
"Hello Dexter." I shook his hand.
"Come in dear." He opened the door wider for me to step in.
"Honey, come look who's here." He beamed.
A woman rounded the corner from what looked to be the living room. "Who is this?"
Dexter put a hand on my shoulder. "This is Lilith."
She smiled. "My goodness, you are even prettier in person. Johnny talks about you all the time. I'm his mom, Evalyn."
"It is nice to meet you both." I shook her hand.
"Johnny, get down here." She yelled up the stairs.
Johnny came down with nothing put pants on. "What the fuck do you want Evalyn?"
His dad's face went embarrassed and mad. "Don't talk to your mother like that Johnny Abel."
Johnny rubbed his hand over his face and through his hair. "Whatever Dexter. What do yo..."
He stopped dead in his tracks. He was caught off guard. "Lilith?"
"Hey Johnny." I waved.
He quickly came down and grabbed my arm pulling me with him to the dean. "What are you doing here?"
"You have no right to question me. Why did you lie?" I was furious.
He didn't say anything. "Your parents look very well alive and well."
Johnny bit his lip and sighed. "I didn't tell you about my parents because they are so overly happy and embarrassing."
I was confused even more. "So, you rather lie and tell me they are dead. You could have just told me they were overly happy and embarrassing."
I could tell he was getting bothered. "It is a really long story Lilith. You need to go home."
"Not until you answer my questions." I made him let go of me.
"What the fuck do you want to know?" Johnny's face was getting red.
"The truth. About your ex, the mental hospital. All of it." I threw my arms up.
"Get the fuck out." He grabbed my arm leading me back to the door.
I got out of his grip. "Fine, if you don't want to tell me, then we are done."
He stopped dead in his tracks. "What?"
"We are done. I am not going to be with someone who lies, particularly about all this." I could feel my face getting red.
"No, you can't leave me Lilith. I am sorry." He grabbed me and held me close.
My hands went to lay upon his arms. "I have no choice Johnny. You lied to me."
"I will do anything you want. Just don't leave me. Please." He started kissing on me.
He placed his hands on either side of my face. He kissed me, deep. We kissed but with fear and anger.
He broke the kiss. "Let's go to a party. We will get drunk and high. Then tomorrow, we can come back and meet my parents."
I broke loose from him. "No. I can't keep doing this."
"I love you. You love me. You can't just do this Lilith." His face was dark. Dark and toxic.
"I do love you. But I can't do this. We are done. Don't call me. Don't even see me at school. When you go into geography, sit somewhere else." I turned and left.
Tears were falling down my cheeks. I hated having to say it. It was like it was killing me. I love him. Johnny was the first person I had ever loved. I thought it would last forever.
I ran out and got into the truck. Oliver and Piper were quiet. "Take me home."
Oliver nodded and we left. We sat in my driveway for a while not saying anything. There was so much going through my head. What did I get myself into?
Piper squeezed my arm. "Babe, are you okay?"
"I don't know." I tried swallowing the tears but it didn't help.
Oliver held my hand. "If you need anything, just call us. We will be here in no time."
I took a deep breath. If I went in crying, mom would flip. I looked to my best friends. "Thanks guys. I am just going to go in and sleep. Tell the teachers tomorrow that I am sick. I will be in the next day. Promise."
They nodded. "See you later. Love you."