Getting Out of Rehab

Finally, my two weeks up were up at rehab. The rest of the time I was in there, all I could think about is Johnny. Not because I wanted him back. It was the opposite. I wanted to make him know that he wasn't getting to me and that I wasn't his. We weren't together.
Oliver, Piper, and mom were all waiting for me outside when I walked out the door. I was so happy to see them. I ran over to mom and hugged her. I was so joyful to have her wrap her arms around me. I had missed her. I had missed the talks. Since I only spent two weeks in rehab, I couldn't have any contact.
The reason they let me go so early, I was making great improvement. Ms. Gracin gave me coping mechanism for when I felt like I would relapse. In all honesty, I didn't want the drugs anymore. I had something else fueling me. I had hope. I had knowing I could stand up to Johnny and saying he wasn't going to get to me anymore. After, it was going to be a completely different story. I had no clue if I would go back to drugs or if I could stay on the sober path. But I wasn't worried about that right now.
Oliver and Piper hugged me at the same time. "We missed you."
"Yeah, I bet that's what you were thinking when you two got those tans on the beach." I laughed.
"Very funny." Piper rolled her eyes.
Oliver chuckled. "We did. We always called Ms. Gracin to check in on you since we couldn't see you. We didn't even stay gone long. We came back after what, three days."
"Guys, you shouldn't have done that. You should have had fun. I would have wanted you to have fun." I frowned.
Oliver put a finger under my chin. "Hey, don't do that. We don't feel bad about it. We wanted the third piece to our puzzle, she wasn't there. So, we came back."
I smiled. "You guys."
I hugged them again. They were the best friends a girl could ask for. I was lucky to have them. Few friends would have stuck by someone like me and go through all the bullshit.
Mom cleared her throat. "You ready to get home and eat? I made your favorite."
"Oh, please tell me you made meatloaf with mash potatoes and mac and cheese?" I put my hand on my stomach.
Mom smiled big. "That is your favorite."
'Then what are we doing standing around here." I got into Oliver's truck.
Before Oliver took off, I heard a faint sound of a motorcycle take off. I knew it was him. I knew he would be watching my every move. But I wasn't going to be afraid.
I ate so much of mom's food, I felt like I would be sick. But in such a good way. I was busting a gut. I hadn't had food like that in two weeks. Which you would think was no biggie. But when you don't get a home cooked meal after knowing what one tasted like, you start craving it. When you get it, you don't know when to stop.
I plopped down on the couch. My head in Piper's lap with my legs laying on Oliver's lap. I was so happy to be home.
Mom sat in the chair. "How was it?"
"I think I'm going to die from over eating. It was fantastic." I smiled over at her.
"I am glad you all enjoyed it. We are happy you are home." She picked up one of her books and started reading.
I looked around. My cat was nowhere to be seen. Usually when I came in, she was at my feet. "Mom, where is my cat?"
She looked up looking around. "I am not sure honey. I am sure she will come around."
It was unusual for Peach not to be around. When I come home from school, go to the bathroom, go outside, or anywhere; she was there. I wanted my cat.
I got up to go use the bathroom in my room. When I walked in, I screamed. I ran over to Peach. She was laying in the middle of my bed, all bloody.
Everyone ran up to my room. "What wrong?"
"Peach." I was rubbing her head and crying.
Piper covered her mouth. Mom kneeled beside me. "I am so sorry honey." 
Oliver walked over to the bed. "I don't think it was an accident."
I looked up at Oliver. "What?"
He pointed. "There is a puncture in her chest."
I got up. I ran down stairs to get the phone. I called Ms. Gracin. "Hello."
"Ms. Gracin, it's Lilith. I need you to come to my house, please." I hung up.
I ran back upstairs. "Ms. Gracin is on her way. No one touch Peach. Just come downstairs."
We all sat there anxiously waiting on Ms. Gracin. After an hour, there was a knock on the door. I ran over almost tripping over Oliver's foot.
I stopped and looked back at him. "Sorry."
I shook my head and went to the door. "Ms. Gracin."
"Lilith, what did you need?" She looked confused.
I waved my hand for her to follow me. When we walked up to the bedroom, I opened the door. "I think he killed my cat."
Ms. Gracin walked over to Peach. She looked around the cat. "Well, it doesn't look like an accident."
"What do I do?" I leaned against the wall at the door.
"We need to call the police. Report it, after that, there's not much else you can do." She gave me a earnest look.
"Are you kidding? The bastard killed my cat." I threw up my hands.
She scratched her head. "We don't know that for sure."
My eyes bugged. "Really? He has been stalking me, even at the rehab place. Now this. Who else could it be?"
"They have to have all the evidence Lilith. I know it's hard to hear. But that is just how it is." She was trying to be sincere.
I paced the room then hit the wall. I left a hole in it. I was angry. Oliver came running in. He saw me looking at the wall.
He put his hands on my shoulders. "Come on, let's go downstairs. We will do what we can. I promise."
I let him lead me down to the living room. He sat with me on the couch. I was starting to feel numb. If Johnny kept on, I wouldn't be able to feel at all.
I told my story to the police officers when they got there. They looked at Peach. When they got her to put her in a bag, I flipped.
"What are you doing?" I was trying to get over to Peach.
Oliver held me back. "They have to take her as evidence."
"But I want to burry her." I started crying.
"I know. You just have to be patient." Ms. Gracin stood beside me.
The police officers took Peach with them. I was so mad. It was one thing to stalk me. But to kill my cat. Who would kill an innocent animal?