Morning After

I woke up with a blazing headache. But I felt better than what I did yesterday. I got up and took a shower. I popped some headache medicine and went downstairs.
Mom had already gone to work. I wasn't hungry. There was no way I could eat. Not after yesterday and still feeling like the bottom of the sewer today.
I called Oliver. "Hey, can you pick me up for school?"
"Yeah, I will be there in a little bit." He hung up.
I went to wait out on the porch. A vase of roses stopped me. There was a card attached.

                          Lilith,

I am sorry. I hope you can forgive me.

                                                -Johnny Rose

I picked up the vase and threw it in the trash. I ripped up the card and threw it in after. I started crying. I wanted him to leave me alone.
Oliver pulled up and I heard a motorcycle engine in the distance start and leave. He had watched me throw all of it away.
Oliver came running up. "What happened? Are you okay?"
"He sent me roses." I rubbed my nose on my sleeve.
"Do I need to stay with you?" Oliver put a hand on my knee.
I shook my head. "I will be okay. It just hurts."
"Okay. Let's get to school. I believe Piper is there waiting." He helped me to the truck.
Pulling up in the parking lot, Fox and Piper were making out. The date must have gone well. I was happy she found Fox. He seemed like a good guy. Plus, he hung out with Oliver. Oliver was in every way good. So that said something.
I jumped out of the truck. "Hey Piper, Fox."
"How are you doing Lilith?" Fox gave a heartfelt smile.
"I'm fine. Just want to get today over with." I started walking towards the building.
Piper came up beside me. She had a breakfast burrito in her hand. As soon as I saw it, I ran over to the trash can and threw up. Oliver came up and rubbed my back.
"Here's a napkin." Fox handed it to me.
"Thanks." I smiled.
Piper rubbed a hand through my hair. "What has you sick?"
I gave a breathy chuckle. "Withdrawals. I was high all day yesterday from the day before. I went through hell yesterday. I feel better today. But I can't even look or smell food without vomiting."
Pips hugged me. "Oh, my best friend. I wish you would have called me. I would have taken care of you. We all would have." 
"We would have." Fox sarcastically said.
I heard Piper hit him. "Yes. She is our friend. We take care of our friends."
"Thanks guys. I just need to get through today. Maybe talk to Ms. Gracin." I made my way up the steps to the front doors of the school.
When we walked into geography, there was another thing of roses on my desk. The note was different this time.

            Lilith,

I am sorry. Can we please talk about this?

                                    -Johnny Rose

I wasn't about to cry during class. I was angry. I took them and threw them in the trash like the others this morning on my porch.
I took a seat. I made Oliver sit in front of me and Piper sat behind me like usual. Fox sat beside her.
Johnny came in, he looked at me. He looked to the trash can. His head shot back to me, it was red, from anger. He went to the back of the class on the far side and slammed his books down. He was pissed.
Piper squeezed my shoulder. I knew I was going to have a good group of friends to confide in. They knew all about what happened when he was in high school. They weren't going to let him hurt me.