That Night

I had to hide away from mom all night. I made up an excuse that I had a lot of work I needed to get done. Which wasn't a total lie. I had work to make up from when I missed.
I also needed a fix. I knew I shouldn't do it. But I had to do something to make me feel better than what I was. I took out my phone and texted Johnny's friend Will. He had just about any drug you wanted.

Can I score? -Lilith

What is your poison? -W.

Snow. -Lilith

Done. Meet? -W.

Just come to my house. -Lilith

Be there in 20. -W.

I sat and waited. I couldn't focus on work. I couldn't focus on anything. Twenty minutes went by and there was a knock at the door.
"I've got it!" I yelled down the hall at mom.
I ran downstairs. I opened the door. Will was standing there with a smile on his face. "I heard someone wanted to play in the snow."
"Yeah, for what price?" I folded my arms.
Will grinned. "How about one hundred and fifty pennies? I will make the discount for you."
"That's for three snowflakes, right?" I was hoping mom wouldn't come down.
"Of course." He held out his hand.
I gave him the one hundred and fifty. He leaned in and kissed my cheek, putting three grams of cocaine in my pocket.
I closed the door and ran back to my room. Mom knocked on my door and came in. "Who was it sweetie?"
"Oliver, he was dropping off some school papers." I gave her a smile.
She smiled back. "Well, don't stay up too late. You got school tomorrow."
I nodded. She shut the door. I got up and went to the bathroom. I cut up a line and snorted it. I sat on the bathroom floor. It took only seconds for me to feel it. It felt good. I felt good.
I got up and went to my bed. I started working on the school work I owed the professors. By the time I was done, the sun was shining through the windows. Time flies when playing in the snow I guess.