2 & a Half Months Later

It was February and we were back in school. My second semester of freshman year. How I had made it, was beyond me. I was still on cocaine. Oliver tried to help me as much as he could. So, did Piper and Fox. But I was slowly going down a black hole. 
Johnny was still up to his same tricks. He was sending other stuff along with the roses now. He would send jewelry and chocolates. For Christmas, he sent me a car. Which I made him take back.
Everywhere I went, he was there. He was stalking me now. It made it where I didn't want to go anywhere. Mom had found out about my cocaine habit. She was very disappointed but was trying to help me in every way possible.
I had finally told her about everything after Christmas. She took me to the police station to file a report. Johnny had to stay fifty feet away from me. But it didn't stop him. If he knew no one was looking, he was there.
My mother even tried talking to his parents. It was like they didn't even hear her. They were covering for him and making excuses for him. Here I thought they were nice people. They were just as bad as he was.
Even though I was on cocaine, I still could function, somewhat. I was trying to slowly wean myself off it with the help of my therapist, friends, and mom. It wasn't easy.
I was letting Johnny get to me. I hated it. Because I knew I was stronger than this. I knew I could handle anything anyone threw at me.
When spring break came, while everyone went to the beach and parties. I went into rehab. I just wanted off it. Because being on it, I was letting Johnny win. I didn't want that. I wanted to win.
The withdrawals were the worst. It took seventy-two hours to get it out of my system. The cold sweats and pain was worse than before. I just wanted it all to end.
After seventy-two hours of being in a plain white room on a hospital bed, they took me to shower and get ready for therapy.
I shared a room with a girl who had anorexia. She didn't say much which was fine with me. I had a week and a half to get through this. I was going to follow everything. I also had to keep going to therapy every day even when school started back.
While everyone else's spring break was fun, mine was complete hell. I thought I would be safe away from Johnny in rehab. But I wasn't.
I was in the library, trying to catch up on more work I had missed at school. Since things had went down, they made an exception to let me finish the work, knocking a couple of grades down.
I was into my work when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I looked up and froze. "Hey Lilith."
I looked around. "How did you even get in here, Johnny?"
He waved down at the uniform he was wearing. "I am smarter than you give me credit for."
I didn't say anything. He sat down beside me taking my hand. "I missed you baby. I had to see you. I would do anything for you."
"I'm not your baby." I took my hand back.
"What? Of course, you are. We are together." Was he fucking kidding me.
I stood up. "Look, we aren't anything. We aren't friends. We aren't together. We. Are. Nothing."
I turned to walk away. He grabbed me pushing me into a book shelf. "You better rethink that Lilith."
One of the staff members saw us. "Hey, let her go."
Johnny sneered. "You get out. You are mine. Remember that."
The staff member was walking over to us. "Get off her buddy."
With a vile smile. Johnny kissed me and then ran off. I stood there. My heart feeling like it would burst from my chest. What had just happened? All I could do is cry. I wasn't bawling. I wasn't going to give him that. Silent tears fell from my eyes. They felt like lava upon my face. I had gone cold but they were burning.
The staff member came over to me. "Are you okay?"
I shook my head. "Can I please see the therapist?"
He nodded. He didn't think twice about taking me to the therapist office. Ms. Gracin not only worked at the school. She even came to the rehabilitation center to help people.
The staff member knocked on her door. She told him to come in. She looked up from her desk. When Ms. Gracin saw me and how I looked, she rushed over to me.
She held me by the shoulders. "What happened Lilith?"
"He...he was here." My whole face fell to gloom.
She was searching my face. "Is he still here?"
I shook my head. "He left when he saw him coming."
She looked at the staff member. "Go tell them to put the hospital on lock down. We have to see if Johnny is still in the building."
"Yes, Ms. Gracin." He took off.
"Sit here. I will be right back. I will have someone to guard the door." She ran out of her office.
The lights flashed then would dim. It was repetitive. The woman over the intercom spoke softly. "Please go to your rooms. Staff members will be there to help."
I sat there looking straight ahead. I felt like I was going to go crazy. I didn't want to go crazy. It scared me to think, Johnny could push me that far.
It took a while before Ms. Gracin was back in her office with some police officers. "Lilith, he isn't in the building anymore. He got out before we could catch him."
"Are you sure?" I was looking between the police officers and Ms. Gracin.
She rubbed my shoulder and smiled. "We are sure. I will put a staff member by your door tonight. I want you to feel as safe as possible."
I shook my head. "Can I please just go lay down?"
She nodded. The staff member who found us was there to help me to my room. When he got there, he unlocked the door.
"I'm staff member Joe. If you need anything just knock on your door. I will be here all night." He gave a cordial smile.
I tried to smile. "Thanks."
I walked into my room, there was a rose laying on the bed. I wasn't about to scream or call for Joe. I sat on the bed and picked up the rose. A tag was attached.

              Lilith,

                   I love you.

                               -Johnny Rose

I put it in the cup beside my bed and laid down. Something changed. A switch had flip. I was done. I wasn't going to be the victim anymore. I was going to fight back. The rose was going to be a reminder.