Fox

Piper stuck her head between the seats. "Oliver, where exactly are we going?"
"There is this guy I meet a few months back. The guy knows everything. When I say everything, I mean, he can find anything on anyone." Oliver kept his eyes on the road.
We pulled up to a big fancy house. It had an around the fountain driveway. Beams about eighteen feet high. It was just huge.
Oliver got out coming over to let us out. "Here we are."
"Who is this guy?" Piper was admiring the huge home.
Oliver had a toothy grin plastered on his face. "You'll find out."
Oliver knocked on the door. We were greeted with a butler. "Hello, may I help you?"
"Yes, we are here to see Fox. Is he in?" Oliver asked.
The butler smiled. "Right this way Mr. Hart."
Piper and I looked at one another. She mouthed Fox and I mouthed Mr. Hart. We followed the butler and Oliver upstairs.
The butler knocked on a door. It opened to a red headed cutie. "Oh, James, what do I owe this pleasure?"
"Mr. Hart and some guest are here to see you." James ushered to us.
Fox smiled. "Well, fuck me, Oliver Hart. What brings you to my headquarters and with such lovely women?"
Oliver laughed giving him a bro hug. "We need some information about someone."
James walked off leaving us to our business. "You came to the right place my friend. Come in."
We walked into his bedroom. It was about six times bigger than my room at home. It was basically a loft. Piper couldn't get enough of it. She loved houses like these.
We followed Fox through another pair of doors that led to a room filled with computers on a desk. There were chairs in front of the desk. Like he actually ran a business. From the looks of it, he did.
"So, who are we digging dirt up on?" He smiled mischievously.
That's when I spoke. "Johnny Rose."
Fox's face fell. "What the hell did he do?"
"Nothing. I mean, I'm not sure." I bit my lip.
Fox sat back in his chair. "You aren't dating him, are you?"
Oliver chimed in. "Yep. She is. Four months."
"Well, what are you needing to know?" Fox leaned forward.
"I need to know if his parents are still alive." I was so anxious, my knee kept bouncing.
Fox chuckled. "You don't need me for that. Everyone knows his parents are alive. Everyone, but you it seems. They live just up the road. They are probably the richest assholes in these parts."
I looked at Oliver and Piper. "Why would he lie?"
Piper shook her head. "I don't know babe."
Fox looked over to Piper. "Are you single?"
Piper blushed. "Yes."
"Date, you and I, I'll pick you up at six tomorrow night." He gave her a dimpled grin.
I cleared my throat. "That's adorable and I'm happy for you two. But can we get back to Johnny lying."
Fox leaned back in his chair. "Do you know the whole story about Johnny Rose?"
I shook my head no. "Can you enlighten me, please?"
"I went to high school with Johnny on the upper east side. Private school. He was a trouble maker then and still one. He dated this girl, Katie. They were doing great. Then one day she wanted to break up. Johnny got very obsessed if you will." I nodded for him to go on.
"He stalked her. Even after it got bad and she moved. He still stalked her. She consumed him. One day, the news reported her missing. A week later, they found her body in an abandon factory off the highway going towards the old mills into the country. Everyone thought he done it. They could never find anything to put him away. But they did send him to a mental hospital for about two years. Senior year, he came back like nothing happened."
I was so confused. Tears were pricking my eyes. "He didn't tell me any of it."
Fox leaned forward. "Would you want to tell your current partner that your ex was murdered and they thought you done it then you had to go to a mental institution?"
We all shook our heads no. "That's what I thought."
"Which house is it? Where he lives?" I wanted answers.
Fox looked scared for me. "You sure? Maybe you just need to break up and then go about your life."
"I want to know what house he lives in." I spat out.
Fox sighed. "Up the road, he lives in the grey mansion on the right. It's one of the oldest mansions around these parts."
I got up. "Thank you."
"Woah, hold on. Payment." He held out his hand.
"I don't have money right now." I looked at Oliver.
Oliver dug out his wallet. "Will fifty do?"
Fox smiled "Yeah and the date with Piper."
He looked at Piper. "Don't worry, I'll find you and everything."
Piper blushed. "Alright, I'm looking forward to it."
We left Fox in his office. When we got downstairs, James was already there to send us on our way. "It was a pleasure to see you again Mr. Hart."
"The pleasure was all mine James. See you and Fox next week for poker." Oliver shook his hand and we went to the truck.
I looked over at Oliver when we got in the truck. "How long have you known Fox? What is his actual name?"
"His actual name is Philip Humphrey and I have known him for about three months. We meet at a poker game and hit it off." He shrugged.
Piper put her head between the seats. "Why do they call him Fox?"
"Well, his red hair but he is sneaky. He can find out things, others can't. He is also called Fox, because the girls think he is a fox. They swoon." Oliver chuckled.
Piper blushed sitting back in her seat. "You don't say."
She was very intrigued with him and I knew she was ready for the date. You could see it all over her face. I was happy for her.
"So, what do you want to do now?" Oliver looked at me.
I was biting on my fingers. I was very anxious and nervous. I had no idea what to really do or what would happen. "I have to confront him."
Piper put her hand on my shoulder. "When? We will be there for you."
I looked back at her. "Does this mean you aren't mad at me?"
"I was never mad. I just knew you were better than the shit you were doing." She smiled at me.
"Let's go to his place. I will take it step by step. That's all I can do." I took a deep breath and let it out, fogging up Oliver's window.