Date Night

When I told Piper that I said yes to going out on a date with Johnny, she almost lost it. I had to keep her quiet. I didn't want my mom to know. I know she met him and seemed to like him. But I wasn't going to get her hopes up. She like Piper, wanted me to get out there and date. She wanted me to have someone. I don't know which wanted me to date more her or Piper.
Piper had gone all out. Instead of me wearing my usual t-shirt and jeans with Vans. She put me in a blue dress with black stockings and Mary Janes. She curled my hair and kept my makeup natural. If she wouldn't have kept my makeup natural, I would have killed her. I wasn't the makeup type.
We snuck downstairs a bit before it was time for him to pick me up. We sat on the porch waiting. "I wonder where he will take you?"
"I don't know. He just said he would pick me up at seven." I put my leather jacket on.
Piper looked at me. "You look fucking hot."
I blushed. "Thanks Piper."
"No problem. I am going to go tell your mom that you are coming with me somewhere and we will be back before eleven tonight." She got up and went inside.
I heard the engine of his motorcycle before I ever saw it. He pulled up in front of the house. He got off and putting his helmet on the bike.
When he turned around, my eyes narrowed on what he was wearing. He was in a button up black shirt, dark jeans that hugged in the right places, biker boots, and his leather jacket. I will admit, he is fucking gorgeous. One of the reasons I didn't want to go on a date. He was so out of my league. He could have picked any girl from school.
I stood up and walked down meeting him half way. "Hey."
He gave that dark smirk. "Hello gorgeous."
I looked down to my feet. "Thanks. It's not too much?"
"No, you look absolutely beautiful." He grabbed my hand.
Piper came down to us. "Hey guys, so I am going to leave. Hope you two have fun."
She walked off leaving us there staring at one another. "You ready to go on this date?"
Johnny chuckled. "Yeah, you okay with riding on the motorcycle?"
I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Sure. It'll be fun."
He got on and then helped me. "Here is a helmet."
I grabbed it putting it on. He grabbed my hands wrapping them around his waist. "Hold on. When I lean, lean with me."
I nodded and he took off. Everything was rushing passed us as he drove down the highway. It was like tunnel vision. Nothing but you and the road. I had never felt anything like it. A rush, it was something I never knew I was missing.
We stopped in front at the beach. You could smell the waves. The salty breeze was taking over my nose. He helped me off then got off after.
He took my helmet off. "I am sure I have helmet hair."
He started racking his fingers through my curls. "Not much. But that is better."
He took my hand leading me down to the beach. "I don't know why we even fixed my hair, the breeze is just going to mess it up."
Johnny laughed. "It is okay. You look pretty with your hair flying around."
"Thank you. So, where are we going?" I was stumbling through the sand.
I stopped making him jerk to a stop. "What's wrong?"
I let go of his hand. I bent down and took off my shoes. "These shoes are not right for the beach."
He chuckled. "You are funny Lilith."
"I try." I took his hand again.
He led me down the beach a little way. We stopped when we got to a table with candles and roses. "You go out like this for every girl you meet?"
He looked over at me. "Only for the ones who say no."
Johnny pulled out the chair for me. "I am sorry about all that."
He went over to sit down. "It's okay. I don't make it easy to want to go on a date."
I snickered. "Right, any girl would kill to go on a date with you."
"Just not you." His expression was a bit dark yet soft.
"I just, I didn't want any drama this year. I wanted to focus on school. Not date. Not do anything really, just school." I frowned feeling guilty.
He smiled. "That is why I like you. You saw me and you didn't want to just jump in bed with me or get all weird."
"I am not like most girls. Pretty faces don't get me going." I picked a rose up and smelt it.
"What does get you going?" He reached over tucking hair behind my ear.
I laid the rose down. "Depth. Something to talk about other than stupid stuff all the time. Talking about things other than just sex. I like having communication about life and all the shit that could happen."
"What do you mean?" Johnny was intrigued.
I leaned on the table. "Like this universe. It is huge. Literally has no end. It just keeps going and going. We don't know where it begins and where it ends. Once we find out what is out there so many light years away, another half or more light years has passed by. We are just so small in a universe where you have no idea what is out there."
Johnny grinned showing all his teeth. "Wow, beauty and brains. I love it."
That was the end. That date lead to a downhill spiral and a relationship that was toxic. I had gone so deep in with Johnny Rose. I didn't want to come back. I didn't care that he was taking me under and I was drowning. I didn't care that I was being lit on fire with no one around for miles to put it out. I was caught up in his spell. Caught up in the smile, eyes, and the way he treated me. Holding onto the part I had first fell for.