Question 34

"Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?"

"Isn't this a question in the Miss America pageant?" Dean asked.

"Yes. Wait....How would you know?" Cas questioned. 

".....How would YOU know?"

"....."

"......"

"We will never speak of this again," Cas declared.

"Agreed," Dean nodded.

"I'd save my laptop," Cas offered. 

"Good choice," Dean nodded. "I'd prefer to let my internet search history burn down with the house, but your call."

"Haha," Cas grinned. "I'd save my laptop because it's got everything on it. My writing and drawings, all our family photos, my memes. If my family and the cat are out of the house, then that's my next top priority."

"You draw?" Dean questioned. Cas shrugged.

"A little. I'm not very good."

"Can I make a drawing request?"

"I can try."

"Can you draw me a picture of you running out of a burning house clutching a laptop and screaming I  SAVED THE MEMES!!!!" Cas burst out laughing, and Dean quickly joined him.

"WHY-"

"It's the first thing that came to mind the second you said memes,"

"Fair enough. I'll try to draw it later."

"Take your time."

"Your turn,"

"Alright," Dean's smile faded slightly. "This is gonna sound weird,"

"Don't care,"

"But I'd save Adam." Cas tilted his head, confused. "Not Adam Adam, of course. He's in a graveyard in Lebanon. But all the pictures of him, all his stuff.... Dad threw out practically his whole room when we moved. Sam and I snagged what we could, and I grabbed all the pictures of him from the albums before Dad could go through and destroy them. Everything we've got left of Adam is just sitting in a box under my bed, kinda forgotten. But out of everything in our house, that's what I'd want to save, just to keep his memory alive for a little longer."

"That's not weird; it's surprisingly thoughtful, actually." Dean shrugged.

"If you say so,"