Chapter 18: New Girl

Jihyo's POV

Last night, there was a reunion that went on at Mark's bar. Mark hosted it. I actually never knew Jeongyeon and Mark went into the same high school as me and the unnies. Maybe because I was all about studies and was in a different class from all of them, the 'gifted' class. I didn't recognized anyone from my class but at least the unnies are there.

Now I'm right here, helping to clean. It was supposed to be my day off today that's I came last night to the reunion but now I'm stuck here cleaning. Good thing I didn't drink last night.

Jeongyeonand I had been spending time with each other a lot. And I gotta say, she's pretty chill and funny and nice and down to earth- wait, that's too much. Let's stop right there.

'Jihyo, you tryna go out later?' Mark asked. It's supposed to be my day off but I got called down to help clean again.

'It's sunday today, Mark. I have to take Chaeng to Jeongyeon's for her weekly meeting with her Jackson-hyung' I said to him.

'Alright let me take you there then' he moved closer.

'Jeong's picking me up, remember?' I packed my stuff out and closed my purse.

He clicked his tongue and scratched the back of his head.

'Right, she's your uber driver now'

'Apparently' i responded as my phone rings. It's Jeongyeon.

'She's here' I raised my phone so he could see the caller. I smiled at him and gave him a peck in the cheek.

'I'll see you tomorrow at work' I said waving at him.

—-
'I see he's keeping you at work' and that's how Jeongyeon welcomed me in her car.

'They needed help to clean up the place. Yesterday was a blast' I responded and sighed.

'Good thing those Alumni's didn't do anything to you, did they?' She asked as she starts the engine.

'Nope. You were snaking around me the whole time last night and I'll be damned if they try to' I scoffed. Last night she was all over me building barriers from our former guy batchmates since Mark is drinking and partying with our other batchmates.

'What can I say? The maknaes literally threatened me with a spatula and a butteknife if I don't keep you safe' She laughed.

*TING!*

//text message//

My Little One ❤️: Unnie, we just finished our group study. I'll be waiting at the cafe.

Me: We'll be there 😘

My Little One ❤️: 🤮🤮

Me: Unnie loves you... :((

My Little One ❤️: Haha. Chaeng loves you too 😜

Me: ☺️

//end of text message//

'So,, what did Chaeng said?' Jeongyeon interrupted, well not really cause she's right on time.

'How's you know I was texting Chaeng?' I looked at her, raising an eyebrow.

'You only smile lile that when you're texting your sisters' she chuckled which I take her reason as a valid one.

'She's waiting at the cafe' I responded and looked at the window.

A minute of silence and she talked,

'I hired a manager, by the way.'

'Huh? Isn't Momo your manager?'

'Nope. She wasn't a part of any of the staffs but she's the one who looks after the bar everytime I'm out getting in trouble' She explained and chuckled.

'So you hired a manager?' I asked, 'a girl?' In curiosity.

'Yeah, can't have me rely on Momo all the time. She has her own stuff to take care of too'

And with that, I laughed my ass off.

'S-sorry haha I can't' I held my stomach laughing.

She looked at me weirdly while trying to keep her eyes on the road.

'The way you sounded hahaha! You sounded so mature it doesn't suit you' I blurted out trying to hold my laugh.

'Oh, shut up Park Jihyo' She scoffed before rolling her eyes.

'Just don't fuck her on her first day' I reminded her. As we all know what happened...

'Oh, no. She's a friend of my sister. I don't go for older people' She blurted out.

'That's why you tried to go for me' i raised my eyeborws at her which made her feel tense.

'Okay, that? You really looked beautiful the day I saw you' she tried explaining. Which made me a blushing mess. My heart raced abnormally.

'Hmm' I hummed trying to keep composure.

'Oh, there's Chaeng!' She pointed.

I saw a waving and smiley cub which I then returned.

'Hey unnies!' Chaeng greeted while putting her seatbelt on.

——
'Oh, there's my little apprentice!' Jackson welcomed us and gave the cub a hug before me,

'Ready to learn bartending?' He asked Chaeng who's face is lighting up the whole place and vigorously nodded.

I sat on the stool and watched them get behind the counter.

'Anything to drink?' A female voice interrupted my thoughts.

'Huh? Uhm, no I'm do good. Thank you' I smield gently. She's a new face and I bet she's the manager Jeongyeon was talking about. A little bit pale, long black hair and a little tall. Very beautiful one I'll tell you that.

'I see you two met' Jeongyeon coming up behind us.

'Jihyo, this is Irene. Irene, this is Park Jihyo' She ontroduced us.

We both bowed and shook hands.

'Anything for you, hot stuff?' She clinged onto Jeongyeon brushing her finger on Jeongyeon's jawline. Giving a lustrous look and smile.

I raised an eyebrow to the sudden action.

'I'm good unnie. Thanks tho' Jeongyeon smiled gently sending her off. Looking at each other with 'those' stares.

'Really?' i crossed my arms.

'Woah, hey. I'm not the one who made a move' She raised her arms as if surrending.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

——-
Sorry, this one is a short one.