Chapter 27: Dynasty

'Unnie~ Unnie. Jihyo-unnie~' it took awhile for Jihyo to snap out of it.

'Ah-yes, little cub' she responded, as if nothing happened.

There, a little pouting cub, whining.

'You've been out of it, unnie. Anything wrong?' Tzuyu asked.

Before she could even answer, a person who's also been observing her is determined somethig is definitely off.

'No, of course not. Everything's fine' She assured.

'Tell us if something's wrong, unnie' Dahyun worriedly said.

Jihyo rubbed the Dubu's arm beside her and smiled gently.

'Don't worry girls. Jihyo-unnie is fine' She assured again but but of course, Jeongyeon didn't believe it.

——
How do I get out of this situation? Did my parents really just—? No... it can't be. I don't believe it... but what if, they actually did? For five years they've been gone, why did that man showed up just now?

'Jihyo. Babe. Hey, Jihyo'

'Oh— sorry, what?' Jihyo snapped out of it again. There, a girl lowkey getting worried for her girlfriend is just looking at Jihyo.

'Your workplace' Jeongyeon signals outside. Jihyo looked out of the window and was completely out of it.

'Are you okay?' Jeongyeon asked worriedly trying to look at Jihyo in the eyes.

'Y-yeah, I'm okay. Why wouldn't I be? Just a little. Stuff going on in my mind but I can handle it' She released a fake smile.

'Should I be worried?'

'No, of course not. I can manage'

Jeongyeon hummed for a response.

'Well, I'll see you later, babe. Love you!' Jihyo quickly leaned it and gave her girlfriend a peck on the lips before getting off the car.

Jihyo glanced for the last time to wave at Jeongyeon which Jeongyeon did the same thing.

———
'Jihyo, someone left a note for you' Chaeryoung, who is a new staff at the bar gave a post note to Jihyo who is busy working.

Jihyo nervously took the paper from the girl and fakedly smiled.

Park Jihyo,

      Meet my son in this cafe xxx. Don't make him wait.

'Hell no. He thinks he can intimidate me just because he's rich and can buy the law? Well, he's wrong!' Jihyo madly ripped the paper apart and threw it on the nearest trashcan.

———
Jihyo's POV

I'm growing worried every minute. Ugh! Why do I have to be so lucky to have this kind of life? What the fuck did I do wrong in my past life?! I hate this.

I quickly changed took off my apron and grabbed my bag from the staff room.

'Where are going?' Mark asked.

'A break. I'll be back in an hour' I quickly said and ran as fast as I can to grab a taxi.

After 15 minutes or so, I've arrived. The cafe has a pretty quite nightclub vibe. The lights are quite dim.

Okay, how do I know which one is his son? I don't even know his name nor how he looks like? Great!

'Jihyo? Park Jihyo?' Someone called out to me twice.