Recovery

Lacey

After a week, they released Vincent from the hospital, and we brought him home. The bone marrow transplant took, and he was building red blood cells back. The doctor informed us it would take time, but he should be back to full strength and regular activities in no time.

That I knew, considering he started chasing me around the house.

"Vincent!" I yelled as he chased me.

"Lacey, this is smoother if you stand still to catch you," he said as he chased me.

We ended up on opposite ends of the couch.

"You should take it easy," I reminded him.

He gave me an annoyed look. "I've been taking it easy for the past six months. Now I would like to resume 'normal' activities with my girlfriend."

"But the chase is so much fun," I replied with a smirk. That pissed him off when I said this, which meant he would let out his aggression even more on me. It was how I liked it.

"Lacey, I'm getting highly irritated," he growled.

"Oh, you are, are you? How irritated are you at the moment?" I asked, knowing full well I was pushing his buttons.

"Extremely," he answered, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Then I guess you will have to catch me and show me," I challenged him, causing him to chase after me. I ran, but he grabbed me and carried me to the bedroom.

The minute we reached the bedroom, he flung me onto the bed, then got me pinned. He held both of my wrists down with one hand as he worked to undo his pants. He grabbed a condom and rolled it on before making his way inside of me. He held my wrists down with his hands as he thrust inside of me, aggressively.

"This is for being a bad girl," he growled as he screwed the living hell out of me. I felt his hard prick assault my inner walls as he went harder and faster. "This will teach you to run from me," he grunted as he went deeper. My moans became louder with each thrust until a scream erupted from my lips as I exploded in unadulterated pleasure.

Vincent

As I pounded the hell out of her sweet spot, I listen for a scream to erupt from her lips. The minute I heard it, I went deeper as her muscles contracted around my hard prick, causing me to erupt, and I found my release alongside her.

I felt myself jerk until I finished, and our bodies both stilled. I released Lacey's wrists and moved them down to her face as she opened her eyes to look at me. A smile formed on her lips as I looked at her.

"Was it necessary to make me chase you?" I asked her.

"Yes," she answered as a giggle escaped her lips.

I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers. I pulled out of Lacey and removing the condom, tossing it into a wastebasket. I laid down as she rolled onto her side and looked at me.

"Just because I agreed to be with you, doesn't mean you stop chasing me," she reminded me.

"Sometimes the chase is more exhilarating than the catch," I reasoned as she smiled at me. I rolled onto my side and faced her.

"You seem to feel better," she mentioned as I looked at her.

"I feel much better. I feel my energy returning, and I'm tired of staying housebound. I miss my outings," I sighed. It was true. Having been sick for the past seven months and enduring treatments and the transplant takes a toll on you in every aspect.

I wasn't used to staying dormant for so long. I wasn't used to a lot of things. This experience was unfamiliar to me.

"Vincent?" Her voice broke me from my thoughts as I looked at her.

"What would you think about taking a trip?" I asked her.

"First, you need clearance from the doctor. Second, what about the business?" She asked me curiously.

"I agree with receiving clearance from the doctor, and I've placed George in charge of daily business affairs," I informed her, surprising her.

"Does this mean you won't be returning to the office?" She questioned me.

"I will, but not regularly. I have many businesses, and George proved to be a valuable asset to the company. I've promoted both him and Emmy to different positions. They've earned it," I explained as she smiled at me. "You approve?"

"I approve," she agreed with me. I smiled at her.

I leaned over and kissed her, pulling her to me. The business was excellent when I was alone. It kept me busy, where I didn't have to worry about anything. Now that I had Lacey, it made me rethink my business life. I had so many businesses; I never lacked money. I also knew I had to trust my employees to handle business when I wasn't there. Battling an illness proved this point.

I rolled her onto her back as we made our way out of clothes. I grabbed protection and placed it on before sliding back into her. This time I went slower as I made love to her. I missed intimacy with her. I took my time with her as I slowly thrust inside of her. Her hands roamed along my back as I captured her skin with my lips. Moving my hands along her body, I felt every curve and inch of her body. Feeling her naked flesh against mine was the ultimate bliss I felt with her.

When we finished, I laid there as she slept peacefully. Something plagued me of late. I had given little thought to what had happened early in our relationship, but since I had become well, the thought of that Rafe and Carter free unsettled me.

I quietly slipped out of bed as I pulled on a pair of sweats and made my way out to the kitchen. Walking over to the counter, I picked up my phone and made a call.

"We need to meet. Meet me at this location," I told the person as I gave them the address, then hung up. I went into the bathroom, showered, changed, then walked to the door.

Just as I reached for the handle, I heard someone say, "Going somewhere?"

I turned to see Lacey standing there in a robe with her arms crossed, looking unhappy. I walked back over to her and placed my hands on her arms.

"I'm meeting Joe," I told her.

She gave me a look, knowing full well she knew what it meant.

"Vincent, they're looking for them," she assured me.

"I know. There is something I need to discuss privately with Joe. I promise I won't be long," I reassured her as I leaned over and placed a kiss on her forehead.

Knock, knock.

I walked over to the door and opened it as Sergio entered.

"She's not thrilled," I warned him.

"When isn't she happy?" He asked in an accent as Lacey gave us an annoyed look.

"I would be careful, I witnessed her taking out an employee in the family jewels," I warned him.

"So I have heard. Therefore, I come prepared, wearing a cup," Sergio informed me as he smirked. I chuckled as Lacey glared at us. I left the house as she turned and went back into the bedroom.

I walked out to the car with Cruz waiting for me. I climbed into the back, and he drove to the destination to meet Joe, who was waiting for us. I had a feeling when I told him what I was about to tell him; he would not be happy. I knew he would be furious.