Information

Vincent

We walked into a cafe and went to sit down in a back booth away from the other patrons. A waitress walked over and poured the three of us a cup of coffee, then left.

"I'm guessing this isn't a social visit," Joe mentioned to me.

"No, I have some information," I informed him as Cruz drank his coffee.

Joe looked at me as I looked at him.

"While you are searching for those two deviants, there is someone you should locate," I said.

"Who?" He asked curiously.

Just as Cruz took a sip, I said, "Alastair Reeves," making Cruz spit out his coffee and start choking.

Joe looked at him as I rolled my eyes. Cruz picked up a napkin and wiped his face as he coughed.

"Why do I feel there's a reason you want me to find him, and I will not like it?" Joe questioned as Cruz looked at me, knowing full well where this was leading.

"Because you won't," I answered. Joe gaped at me. "Alastair Reeves is a bastard. He is questionable with business, but that's a name he refers to himself. His actual name is Clayton Powers, and he's my father," I told him as Joe looked at me bewildered.

Cruz placed his palm on his face. He knew what was coming.

"He's also head of the biggest human trafficking business there is," I added as Joe's face contorted to anger.

"Excuse me?" He asked, knowing full well this was infuriating to hear. "Are you going to sit there casually, telling me that your father is a human trafficker and act like it's not a big deal when you are with a woman that they subjected her to it?"

"You act like I'm a part of it, which I'm not," I replied truthfully.

He leaned forward and, in a low voice, said, "Do you have any idea how this will affect Lacey when she finds out? How did you cannot inform her that your father is part of this? Do you think she will look at you the same?"

"Whether she does or doesn't, it's her choice. Joe, I didn't ask to meet you to have you reprimand me for crimes my bastard of a father committed. I came to you to provide information to protect her," I told him as his face contorted in anger. I didn't blame him. Joe was highly protective of Lacey.

"How did you find this information out? I need to know everything for the fallout that's coming," he snapped.

"After my sister's funeral, I went after his company. I had Cruz dig up information on him, which he did. That was when I found out about his secret life. He groomed my sister to sell her. He never finished, because she died," I explained as Cruz looked away.

Joe looked at him. "You knew and didn't bother to tell me?" He questioned him.

Cruz looked at Joe. "I didn't know it connected him to any of this when Vincent asked me to find information about him. We were looking for ways to destroy his company. We didn't even know the escort business you were infiltrating was a front for human trafficking," Cruz countered.

Joe looked at him as I sat there.

"Lacey needs to know. You can't keep this information from her," he told us. I looked at him. I knew he was right, and I hated the fact I had to tell her. I hope she can forgive me.

Lacey

I changed my clothes, then went into the kitchen to make something to eat. Sergio was standing in the kitchen, leaning against the counter, looking at his phone. I walked past him and opened the fridge. I pulled out items as he stood there.